Seahag

Default Stinky sink!

The gally sink on this boat stinks so bad I don't even want to come home any
more, much less have people over. It's slightly tolerable when we put a
garden hose down it for 20 minutes, but this ain't right. What kind of
drain hose do you think we should get? Lahaina had that rippled thorax
looking stuff and never was a problem..

Seahag

Capt. Mooron

Close the seacocks and pour a bottle of Overproof Rum into the sink until
the hose is full.... let sit for 3 days. It will never smell bad again.

CM

"Seahag" wrote in message
| The gally sink on this boat stinks so bad I don't even want to come home
any
| more, much less have people over. It's slightly tolerable when we put a
| garden hose down it for 20 minutes, but this ain't right. What kind of
| drain hose do you think we should get? Lahaina had that rippled thorax
| looking stuff and never was a problem..
|
| Seahag

The_navigator©

It's an easy way to move the grease you know. I hear that some people
even use the same method on each other before. Sort of like a shower.

Cheers MC

Brian McAloon wrote:

Ha!
. net...

"Seahag" wrote in message

The gally sink on this boat stinks so bad I don't even want to come home

any

more, much less have people over. It's slightly tolerable when we put a
garden hose down it for 20 minutes, but this ain't right. What kind of
drain hose do you think we should get? Lahaina had that rippled thorax
looking stuff and never was a problem..

Seahag

Seahag

There is a sharpish bend under the sink, only part of the problem. It's
the same humongous black hose as the fuel fill. Original 1973 stock from
Taiwan, I was wondering if there is better hose y'all could recomend.

Mr. H. has been warned: No more cooking and paper plates until this is
done.

Boat smells like vomit!

Seahag

The_navigator© wrote

Seahag wrote:

The gally sink on this boat stinks so bad I don't even want to come home

any
more, much less have people over. It's slightly tolerable when we put a
garden hose down it for 20 minutes, but this ain't right. What kind of
drain hose do you think we should get? Lahaina had that rippled thorax
looking stuff and never was a problem..

Seahag

Seahag

Tried that, stripped the paint off under the bootstripe!

Seahag

"Seahag" wrote in message
| The gally sink on this boat stinks so bad I don't even want to come home
any
| more, much less have people over. It's slightly tolerable when we put a
| garden hose down it for 20 minutes, but this ain't right. What kind of
| drain hose do you think we should get? Lahaina had that rippled thorax
| looking stuff and never was a problem..
|
| Seahag

The_navigator©

How about hose designed for head waste. It's very strong and chemical
resistant. Here its black or white in color. You should be able to get a
suitable size.

Cheers MC

Seahag wrote:

The gally sink on this boat stinks so bad I don't even want to come home

any

more, much less have people over. It's slightly tolerable when we put a
garden hose down it for 20 minutes, but this ain't right. What kind of
drain hose do you think we should get? Lahaina had that rippled thorax
looking stuff and never was a problem..

Seahag

The_navigator©

Must have been cheap rum.