Martin Baxter

Default Black water?

Bobsprit wrote:

Well BB, this has provided with my best laugh in weeks, the great expert in
all things nautical doesn't have even a passing awareness of any sanitary
regulations
as they apply to marine vessels. ROTFLMAO

So let me get this straight...I have the ONLY sailboat that drains sink water
directly overboard!
You heard it hear 1st!!!!

Marty, you just dunked your head in the same pile of crap Billy Jane lives in!

RB

Keep flapping Boobs,
Anyone ever tell you that you're nuts!

Cheers
Marty
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Well BB, this has provided with my best laugh in weeks, the great expert

in
all things nautical doesn't have even a passing awareness of any sanitary
regulations
as they apply to marine vessels. ROTFLMAO

So let me get this straight...I have the ONLY sailboat that drains sink

water
directly overboard!

Wrong.
You are the only person here who doesn't know what "grey" water means.

You also demonstrate your incredibly limited thinking once again.

These Mega Yachts that you have referred to, are very likely to visit the
Mediterranian. So they need to meet the regulations that are in force in
the Med, (and any other places that they may wish to visit).

You heard it hear 1st!!!!

Yep!

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

Lets all bear in mind that Bobby Sue started this thread asking about
the difference between "gray water" and "black water"!!!

How is this an issue for boats under 50 feet?

RB
Bobsprit

My C&C 27 doesn't have gray water tankage. If I took extended cruises
where fresh water was going to be in short supply, I would have gray
water tankage, along with a system for recycling it. I would also take
a bigger boat. For 7-10 day jaunts around the LIS, it's not an issue.

I'm surprised the 27 has any tankage. I know plenty of people who cruise long
distance. They don't have gray water tankage. They have watermakers!
Grey water goes over, dummy!

RB
Bobsprit

These Mega Yachts that you have referred to, are very likely to visit the
Mediterranian. So they need to meet the regulations that are in force in
the Med, (and any other places that they may wish to visit).

So then why would this be something to know? Not exactly important info. I only
see it listed for HUGE yachts. Has nothing to do with anyone here.

RB

Bobsprit

Keep flapping Boobs,
Anyone ever tell you that you're nuts!

Still waiting to hear what grey water has to do with the boats the people in
this group sail.
And waiting...
And waiting...

RB
Bobsprit

I would have gray
water tankage, along with a system for recycling it.

Sweet jesus. It's 1955 again!

RB
Bobsprit

Any idea as to the difference in power consumption between making
potable water from the ocean and making potable water from gray water?

On a proper boat with modern charging systems running a watermaker direct works
fine. My boat had a watermaker installed when I bought her/ No grey water
tankage. The 34XL has a water maker. No grey water tankage. The world cruising
Hughes 38 at my yard doesn't carry grey water, nor does the Valiant 40 that
heads south each November.
You know NOTHING, Jane! Buy a real boat and then open your wrinkled yap!

Bwahahahaha!

RB
Bobsprit

I'm not the one asking the newbie questions. Many boats do not have
things that other boats have. Many boats have things that other boats
do not have. What's your point, if you have one?

So should I also know all about bow thrusters? How about large deck mounted
windless systems? How about a solid vang? Do I need to be an expert in those
before I actually use one on my own boat?
Jane, I assure you I've sailed more boats than you ever will!

Billy Jane. you remain a total idiot.

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
These Mega Yachts that you have referred to, are very likely to visit the
Mediterranian. So they need to meet the regulations that are in force in
the Med, (and any other places that they may wish to visit).

So then why would this be something to know? Not exactly important info. I

only
see it listed for HUGE yachts. Has nothing to do with anyone here.

Don't you ever step aboard a Mega Yacht at a Boat Show?

You should! It might help you to achieve more in life.

Regards

Donal