Jeff Morris

Default Black water?

Holy Bilge Water!

He said grey water "comes from the sink," not "from the sink faucet." Most of us
consider this to be a significant difference!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
My understanding, in a nutshell, is that "black water" comes from the
toilet, and "grey water" comes from the sink.

So why is grey water and potable water not the same. Why not support a greater
fresh water system overall and eliminate the grey water?

RB

Jeff Morris

That's a "victory"? No wonder you think you're a winner.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

I win again...a somewhat meager victory, but a victory all the same!

Yahhhoooooie!

RB

Bobsprit

He said grey water "comes from the sink," not "from the sink faucet." Most
of us
consider this to be a significant difference!

So grey water is fresh-waste water other than what used in the head?
I was not aware that such systems had to be pumped out on yachts of around 80
feet. What are the regs on waste water from a sink? On a small boat they
typically drain overboard.

RB
Scott Vernon

There is no difference, none at all. In fact, you should connect all your
tanks together with 2'' hose, thereby increasing total capacity.

Scotty

wrote in message
On 24 Oct 2003 10:36:25 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

When looking through specs on very large cruising yachts I see the terms
referring to "black and grey" water in addition to regular fresh water

tankage.
Can someone explain-is this tankage for not potable use, such as heads

and
such?

Holy Moly!

BB

Bobsprit

feet. What are the regs on waste water from a sink? On a small boat they
typically drain overboard.

RB

Wowsers Batman!

I just looked it up for the LIS. Interesting. I'm betting Billy jane has no
idea what the regs are. By the way, some superyachts don't carry grey water
tankage and do indeed combine them as I suspected.
Looks like Jane got it wrong again!

Hooooo ahhh!

RB

Bobsprit

Well BB, this has provided with my best laugh in weeks, the great expert in
all things nautical doesn't have even a passing awareness of any sanitary
regulations
as they apply to marine vessels. ROTFLMAO

So let me get this straight...I have the ONLY sailboat that drains sink water
directly overboard!
You heard it hear 1st!!!!

Marty, you just dunked your head in the same pile of crap Billy Jane lives in!

RB
Bobsprit

I just looked it up for the LIS. Interesting. I'm betting Billy jane has no
idea what the regs are.

It has nothing to do with regs, idiot!

Sure does. And it also depends on the size of a vessel. Regs are quite
specific. I already got the answer from the Yachting Magazine forum and you
don't know what you're talking about!
Busted again!

RB
Bobsprit

I'm not the one drinking used bath water - you are! What a complete
dunce! Still want to combine your gray water with your fresh water?

Hey, girly boy, how much grey water tankage does your boat have?
Hmmmmm??!! How about the C&C 36?

Busted!

RB