Jeff Morris

Default Black water?

OK, you've held your breath long enough.

I've sailed many times in places where grey water discharge is not permitted - though I'll
admit not very often in boats big enough to have grey water facilities. But sailors with
trailer boats definitely have to understand this issue, since grey water discharge is not
allow in many fresh water lakes - including most of them in your home state.

When I brought my current boat down from Toronto I looked into the Lake Champlain route -
I was told that I could get hassled because of the grey water issues. Though technically
not illegal, the local authorities don't like to see soap subs around the boat. We
ended up doing the Erie Canal.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Keep flapping Boobs,
Anyone ever tell you that you're nuts!

Still waiting to hear what grey water has to do with the boats the people in
this group sail.
And waiting...
And waiting...

RB

Bobsprit

Knowing at least a little might be nice. Knowing the difference
between greay water and black water

But you just said you don't have a boat with grey water. None of us do. So how
is this "basic" knowledge? It's not mentioned in any of my sailing books.
Should I buy a plumbing book?

Tee hee! It's like beating a baby with his own candy!

RB
Bobsprit

see it listed for HUGE yachts. Has nothing to do with anyone here.

Don't you ever step aboard a Mega Yacht at a Boat Show?

Nope. Not interested in mega yachts.

RB
Bobsprit

You should! It might help you to achieve more in life.

Yeah! This grey water thing is probably why I didn't start with a Swan!

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
see it listed for HUGE yachts. Has nothing to do with anyone here.

Don't you ever step aboard a Mega Yacht at a Boat Show?

Nope. Not interested in mega yachts.

I'm really quite shocked. That is the most revealing thing that you have
ever written about yourself!! It explains why you will never own anything
more than a "stepping stone".

It also explains your degree of success at film making, doesn't it?

BTW ... it also explains why you cannot understand how my boat cost nothing!
Meanwhile, each and every, stepping stone that you purchase has to be an
incredible bargain.

The rest of us have already bought our dream boats. You are condemned to a
life of second choices.

Regards

Donal

SAIL LOCO

When looking through specs on very large cruising yachts I see the terms
referring to "black and grey" water in addition to regular fresh water tankage.
Can someone explain-is this tankage for not potable use, such as heads and
such?

He knows nothing about boats.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Bobsprit

Nope. Not interested in mega yachts.

I'm really quite shocked. That is the most revealing thing that you have
ever written about yourself!! It explains why you will never own anything
more than a "stepping stone".

Why would anyone who actually likes to sail be interested in a mega yacht?
Oh, right...you're a Beneteau owner!

RB
Bobsprit

The rest of us have already bought our dream boats.

Wow. A Beneteau as a dream boat. Even if it were true, one would hope you'd
have enough self respect not to write such a thing.
I'm sorry, Donal. I had no idea things were so bad for you.

RB