Bobsprit

Default Best Liveaboard

What's a few best liveaboard sailing vessels, under 55 feet and under 300K on
the used market?

Capt RB
Martin Baxter

The Captains Nemesis wrote:

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:25:01 +1000, The Captains Nemesis wrote:

On 17 Oct 2003 11:27:29 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

What's a few best liveaboard sailing vessels, under 55 feet and under 300K on
the used market?

Capt RB

Peterson 44, no contest.

http://old.cruisingworld.com/ssbk/pete44.htm

It just won't do Oz, it's got a 62 Hp engine fer Gawds sake! Whatever
will Neal say?
Other than that, a damn nice boat, if you like center cockpits.

Cheers
Marty
Jeff Morris

Obviously, a catamaran makes the best liveaboard, assuming you have a place to put it.
While I love PDQs, I think the new 42 would be over $300K, and very few on the used
market. However, I've been very impressed with the Manta 42:

http://www.mantausa.com/prod_42.html
http://www.cruisingworld.com/cw_arti...p?articleID=12

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

What's a few best liveaboard sailing vessels, under 55 feet and under 300K on
the used market?

Capt RB

Simple Simon

http://www.homestead.com/captneal/sheshines.html

The very best of the best . . .

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...

What's a few best liveaboard sailing vessels, under 55 feet and under 300K on
the used market?

Capt RB

Bobsprit

http://www.homestead.com/captneal/sheshines.html

The very best of the best . . .

Yes, perfect for the likes of neal, pictured here...

http://www.warwickdavis.co.uk/images/Lep_beer.jpg

Or is that Donal?

RB
DSK

This boat ought to make a good liveaboard.

http://taxidancer.us/

Of course, the draft is too deep for gunkholing, so she's not really all that
great as a cruiser. But roomy, and impressive... enough deck space for partying
with friends. Of course you'd need to keep the loose knicknacks to a minimum if
you were ever going to sail it...

DSK

thunder

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:02:00 -0400, DSK wrote:

This boat ought to make a good liveaboard.

http://taxidancer.us/

Of course, the draft is too deep for gunkholing, so she's not really all
that great as a cruiser. But roomy, and impressive... enough deck space
for partying with friends. Of course you'd need to keep the loose
knicknacks to a minimum if you were ever going to sail it...

DSK

Just curious, I wonder what it's "personal overboard module" entails?