Vito

Default Is Celestial Nav Worth the Effort?

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
You do know that the military dithers the signal wherever and whenever it likes.

I regularly traverse a large area with no coverage whatsoever.

AFAIK, the military quit 'dithering' awhile back and now most areas have
"differential" GPS that's accurate +/- 3 Meters worst case and the FAA
is working on improveing that to +/- a few centimeters so they can land
commercial airplanes with it. So, it's unlikely the "dither" will come
back soon or unexpectedly. OTOH, enough clouds to preclude celestial
sightings is common - a least Colombus thot so (c;.

Where on Earth are there large areas without coverage?
Simple Simon

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message .. .

"Simple Simon" wrote:

You're lucky I like you, Capt. Shen. One of these days when
your ship is foundering in a storm at sea maybe you'll be lucky
enough to have me sailing my yacht in the area.

How long does it take you to saw off the chain on your mooring?

Now, you're sounding like Katysails. Oops! Sorry for that
grievous insult.

S.Simon - a sailor who takes less than 30 seconds to untie from
his mooring and get underway.

Jonathan Ganz

Well, you believe it... therefore, you're an idiot. Case closed.

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 03:24:54 GMT, "Lady Pilot"
wrote this crap:

Anyway, my friend who is a Scuba and Skydiving pro with a past Marine
secret clearance told me that he went to lunch with the inventor of the
Loran and they were not allowed to give the *exact* location for
security reasons. You should be aware that if I walk out of my house at
anytime, they can read the time on my watch if they *want* to... and
some times they do! hehee

If you believe this, you're an idiot.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!