Annette & LJ Dumas

Default 78 Seastar - Engine Block Cracked (Ice) - Worth Rebuilding?

Came back from my deployment with the military (Coast Guard) found the
marina I stored my boat in let it ice up; due this and other evidence of
lack of concern (they let it sink at the dock while I was gone before!)
moved to another marina. Discovered water in engine; damage is beyond
repair.

Question is: is a '78 Seaster 16-footer, worth maybe $1G, worth re-engining?

Appreciate any feedback.

Regards,

Joe

JamesgangNC

You don't say what engine. A rebuild might not be worth it but if it's a
common engine like a chevy 6 or 8 you might pick one up used somewhere.

"Annette & LJ Dumas" wrote in
message ...