Jeff Morris

Default Hey, Scotty!!!

Hanging feet off the bow she was probably being hit by 6 inch waves.

This shed light on why you never leave sight of land ... you're terrified of 6 inch waves!

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
Where did he say a wave crashed on his bow? Are you doing this to support
your claim of
credibility?

Scotty's claim:
Lisa was sitting on the bow, feet over the side catching waves, screaming
like a little girl when one crashed over on her.

Duhhhhh!!!

RB

CANDChelp

Hanging feet off the bow she was probably being hit by 6 inch waves.

Freeboard of that boat must be lower than in the pics. 6 inches??? Don't think
so!

RB
SAIL LOCO

Ohhh Bubbles, you need to sail somewhere other than your pond.

Remember... he "sails" in the matrix.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Scott Vernon

The waves were around 2'. Every now and then, a group of 3 or 4 big waves
(4'?)would roll by. I've noticed this for some time, they always seem to be
in a group of 3 or 4. Not power boat wakes.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
Hanging feet off the bow she was probably being hit by 6 inch waves.

Lisa was sitting on the bow, feet over the side catching waves,

screaming
like a little girl when one crashed over on her feet.

There, that better?

Scotty

The_navigator©

The wake goes a loooooooooong way.

Cheers MC

Scott Vernon wrote:
No PBs in sight, and they weren't long, like a PB wake.
unless the wind carried them a long way across?

Scotty

"The_navigator©" wrote in message

Why not, thats what you would expect from wake...

Cheers MC

Scott Vernon wrote:

The waves were around 2'. Every now and then, a group of 3 or 4 big

waves

(4'?)would roll by. I've noticed this for some time, they always seem to

be

in a group of 3 or 4. Not power boat wakes.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message

Hanging feet off the bow she was probably being hit by 6 inch waves.

Lisa was sitting on the bow, feet over the side catching waves,

screaming

like a little girl when one crashed over on her feet.

There, that better?

Scotty

katysails

The waves were around 2'. Every now and then, a group of 3 or 4 big waves
(4'?)would roll by. I've noticed this for some time, they always seem to be
in a group of 3 or 4. Not power boat wakes.

That's normal wave pattern...When they post that waves will be 2-4 ft, they do not mean that is a range but the norm. There
will be some smaller and some larger. Lake Michigan likes the "3 big wave" pattern, too...sometimes it's one building on top of
another with shorter troughs between them...really difficult when on the quarter...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Scout

Scott,
I watch a show on TLC a few years back. Couple of scientists were doing
some research on waves in general. I remember they set up a demo that
showed that small waves can synchronize and in effect become the occassional
bigger wave. Perhaps you are seeing this?
Scout

"Scott Vernon" wrote
Every now and then, a group of 3 or 4 big waves (4'?)would roll by.
I've noticed this for some time, they always seem to be
in a group of 3 or 4. Not power boat wakes.

Jeff Morris

Wave heights are often reported as "significant wave height," computed as the average of
the highest 1/3 of the waves. The data from ocean buoys is broken in Swell Height and
Wind Wave Height, plus direction and period for each.

"katysails" wrote in message
The waves were around 2'. Every now and then, a group of 3 or 4 big waves
(4'?)would roll by. I've noticed this for some time, they always seem to be
in a group of 3 or 4. Not power boat wakes.

That's normal wave pattern...When they post that waves will be 2-4 ft, they do not mean

that is a range but the norm. There
will be some smaller and some larger. Lake Michigan likes the "3 big wave" pattern,

too...sometimes it's one building on top of
another with shorter troughs between them...really difficult when on the quarter...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here..... JR North General 13 July 27th 04 12:29 PM
NEW - Two Scotty Powerlock Rod Holders talk_to_god2000 General 0 January 30th 04 07:10 AM
28' Scotty Craft Mark Davis General 7 November 6th 03 04:03 AM
28' Scotty Craft Mark Davis Boat Building 1 November 4th 03 07:12 PM
Scotty - I found your favorite cap. Scott Vernon ASA 18 June 29th 03 10:41 PM