CANDChelp

Default Who'll Bet on Bob?

Suzanne will ALWAYS be working somewhere that is incredibly short staffed,

I wonder if you've ever been to a private hospital. She's at St. Francis now.
They are not short staffed. Pay is high and benefits are great. She's loving it
and she's doing the dirty work!
I consider starting salary of 70+ to be pretty reasonable for a person straight
out of nursing school. Some hospitals even pay more. Obviously, if you're a
crappy student, you go to Jamaica Hosp. and get 55K.
Suzanne is straight A's, scoring higher than 100% on most of her tests. She
speaks several languages and loves helping the sick.
Any medical job is tough, hard work. The money can always be better. But that's
not all there is. We have enough resources to afford her schooling and new
career. In fact, neither of us need to work for a while.

RB
CANDChelp

Oh, she's an elder care nurse. You have our condolensces.

Sorry, Skitchy. I have the utmost respect for people who do this kind of work.
Trolls like yours actually do harm.
Perhaps you've had little exposure to this sort of thing. You should volunteer
at a home for the elderly sometime.

RB
CANDChelp

I care for my elderly parents..... It's not depressing at all. My Dad and I
have long talks and go fishing together.

Good for you!
The attitude that Billy, Katy and others share is a selfish one.

RB
Simple Simon

Good for you owning up to your responsibilities but there
may come a time when even your parents need professional
care. When that time comes you will realize the meaning of
depressing. I know, I've been there. It's not like with a
young person who can recover. It is a continued downhill
slide that cannot be reversed and it's depressing as hell.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
I care for my elderly parents..... It's not depressing at all. My Dad and I
have long talks and go fishing together. I spend a lot of time helping my
Mom....... I take her to shop, to her Doctor's appointments, and drive her
to visit her friends when she's feeling too tired to drive herself. I clean
the house and cook most meals, handle the taxes and bills, do all the yard
work and tend the animals. I love having the chance to spend time with them
in their Golden Years.

CM

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
| I think the main thing about caring for the elderly is
| that it would be so depressing. Maybe that's why
| Katysails is on Prozac or some other brand of
| anti-depressant.
|

| "CANDChelp" wrote in message
| Being a nurse is a
| thankless and hard career choice.
|
| What a sad attitude.
| Being a nurse (we have several friends who are nurses) is a great job
and an
| important one. Due to the huge shortage, Suzanne has already been hired
in
| advance by a top facility and will be capable of earning 6 figures after
only
| two years. She'll work 3 12 hour days.
| It's an important job these days and it's sad that anyone thinks caring
for the
| elderly is thankless.
|
| RB

Flying Tadpole

Nevertheless twice in a two sentence post?
Good work Taddy!

So I'm doing these comments on automatic pilot! So what's your
beef? Anyway, it was a three senetence post, I just left out a
full stop. So there.

FT
katysails

What are you, nuts? It is a path to riches and big sailboats

If I thought that, I'd stop recruiting nurses and go be one....but then I'd have to work weekends...been there...no way....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

me

Being a nurse is a
thankless and hard career choice.

If you consider working 3 days a week for $90K hard work, more power to ya

CANDChelp

If I thought that, I'd stop recruiting nurses and go be one....but then I'd
have to work weekends...been there...no way....

Katy, what do nurses make in your area? Pay ranges from upper 40's to low six
figures here. I've been told Nurses make much less in most other states. The
shortage is critical here.

RB
katysails

The only up side for Bobadil is that she will lose weight. Unfortunately it will
be at the expense of her health and happiness.

Not so...nurses tend to be stress eaters...one of the reasons health care is so much more expensive for the nursing field is
because of the obesity levels. Along with the obesity levels comes a high incidence of Workman's Comp claims. I battled our
insurance carriers this past year in a attempt to get our rates down to no avail. I even proposed in-house weight loss clinics,
motivational programs, etc. and showed them our low filing rate for W/C but the nationwide figures are what they held to.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse