SkitchNYC

Default Who'll Bet on Bob?

Well, this weekend was supposed to be a trip from City Island to Coney Island
to dip a toe in the ocean, and the weather was perfect. Looks like he didn't
make it, but not to fear. Next weekend is the long-awaited 75 mile trip to
nowhere. Jeff has provided him some valuable navigation tips. Now it is up to
him to cast off the lines and go, Alien girls and all.

Who thinks he will really do it? My money is on him. He is a man of his word;
what he says he'll do, he does.
CANDChelp

Well, this weekend was supposed to be a trip from City Island to Coney Island
to dip a toe in the ocean, and the weather was perfect. Looks like he didn't
make it, but not to fear.

This summer, Suzanne is working at a hospital, going to school and voluntering
at an old age home. It's been near impossible for us to do more than catch a
lot of day and night sails.
Next weekend will be our first chance to take the boat for a bit more distance,
and we're looking forward to it.
Her school/work schedule was part of the reason we'd planned to wait until 2005
to replace Ghost. Then the great deal on the C&C came along...and we jumped at
it. We're not regretting it, but I sure wish we could line up more than two
days to sail.

RB
SkitchNYC

[...]

She doesn't let you sail it without her?

Capt. Mooron

Bob.. can't you leave Friday night? Use radar and GPS.. have Suzanne plot
course and navigate. You'll make up distance to allow an easier schedule the
following day. Even if you only sail or motorsail [recommended] from let's
say 1800hrs to 2200 hrs at a steady 5 kts.... it will reduce the passage by
20 nautical miles. Drop hook.. grab some rest and be ready to weigh that
chrome anchor early next day.

CM

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
| Well, this weekend was supposed to be a trip from City Island to Coney
Island
| to dip a toe in the ocean, and the weather was perfect. Looks like he
didn't
| make it, but not to fear.
|
| This summer, Suzanne is working at a hospital, going to school and
voluntering
| at an old age home. It's been near impossible for us to do more than catch
| lot of day and night sails.
| Next weekend will be our first chance to take the boat for a bit more
distance,
| and we're looking forward to it.
| Her school/work schedule was part of the reason we'd planned to wait until
2005
| to replace Ghost. Then the great deal on the C&C came along...and we
jumped at
| it. We're not regretting it, but I sure wish we could line up more than
two
| days to sail.
|
| RB

CANDChelp

Suzanne works at the Hosp. Friday night until 2 am.

Get used to it. 8^)

You gotta pay your dues. Nurse extenders and CCPs get the dirty work.

RB
SkitchNYC

Being a nurse is a
thankless and hard career choice.

What are you, nuts? It is a path to riches and big sailboats.
CANDChelp

Being a nurse is a
thankless and hard career choice.

What a sad attitude.
Being a nurse (we have several friends who are nurses) is a great job and an
important one. Due to the huge shortage, Suzanne has already been hired in
advance by a top facility and will be capable of earning 6 figures after only
two years. She'll work 3 12 hour days.
It's an important job these days and it's sad that anyone thinks caring for the
elderly is thankless.

RB
SkitchNYC

It's an important job these days and it's sad that anyone thinks caring for
the
elderly is thankless.

Oh, she's an elder care nurse. You have our condolensces.
Flying Tadpole

CANDChelp wrote:

Being a nurse is a
thankless and hard career choice.

What a sad attitude.

Sad but true nevertheless

Being a nurse (we have several friends who are nurses) is a great job and an
important one. snip
It's an important job these days and it's sad that anyone thinks caring for the
elderly is thankless.

Nevertheless, however much the compos mentis elderly might thank
for the caring, generally the job is thankless. Like many
vocations, one does it for motivations which are not primarily
monetary nor opportunity-driven.

FT