Flying Tadpole

Default Who'll Bet on Bob?

Noblesse oblige, Mooron, noblesse oblige

Just shut up and get on with it. Capt Neal abdicated after a long
and profitable reign, MC in the end refused the crown, Bobsprit
took it by default, but lacked, er, substance, you've just
quietly slipped into the position. You're there now. Think of
the job as a maidenly embrace, with perhaps a touch of iron in
her.

Flying Tadpole

"Capt. Mooron" wrote:

ABANDON SHIP! AHoGhaaa! ABANDON SHIP.....

...and I ain't going down with this boat... I'll swim for it until I get my
original position of helmsman back! Damn your scurvy hide Tadpole!

CM

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
| Perhaps that's how he's been able to unassumingly assume the
| mantle of the newsgroup captain, despite Bobsprit's best efforts
| to retain it. Perhaps a eulogaic verse is appropriate...
|
| FT

CANDChelp

Capt Neal abdicated after a long
and profitable reign, MC in the end refused the crown, Bobsprit
took it by default, but lacked, er, substance, you've just

I don't see how you can say this. While Mooron is clearly of ranking caliber,
it is I who continues to helm the group.
Observe my current control over Loco and Billy Jane. I expect to trample
Horvath shortly. Why I even have Katy talking "at" me again!

RB
Marc

What zoo's Bob. I was the Site Work Subcontractor for the Flushing
Zoo, Central Park Childrens Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, and portions of
the Bronx Zoo.

BTW give me a time and date for a sail and I'll be there.

On 22 Jul 2003 11:00:09 GMT, (CANDChelp) wrote:

So, we can assume that YOU volunteer? Yeah, sure, Mr. Self Absorbed asshole!

I've worked for Gods Love We Deliver. I also worked for quite a while as a
children's guide for the NY Zoological Society. I also volunteered for GGIP for
quite a while.

You?

RB

CANDChelp

BTW give me a time and date for a sail and I'll be there.

I'm adding your e-mail to my Sail-Mail list that lists times when Alien heads
out.
This weekend will probably be out as we're taking the boat somewhere.
Keep your eyes open for "***SAIL-MAIL***.

RB
Capt. Mooron

There is only one way I can see out of this gilded cage.... crew shirts for
everybody... and ball caps. If that doesn't call for a mutiny... I'm
screwed.

CM

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
| Noblesse oblige, Mooron, noblesse oblige
|
| Just shut up and get on with it. Capt Neal abdicated after a long
| and profitable reign, MC in the end refused the crown, Bobsprit
| took it by default, but lacked, er, substance, you've just
| quietly slipped into the position. You're there now. Think of
| the job as a maidenly embrace, with perhaps a touch of iron in
| her.
|
| Flying Tadpole
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote:
|
| ABANDON SHIP! AHoGhaaa! ABANDON SHIP.....
|
| ...and I ain't going down with this boat... I'll swim for it until I get
my
| original position of helmsman back! Damn your scurvy hide Tadpole!
|
| CM
|
| "Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
| | Perhaps that's how he's been able to unassumingly assume the
| | mantle of the newsgroup captain, despite Bobsprit's best efforts
| | to retain it. Perhaps a eulogaic verse is appropriate...
| |
| | FT

Donal

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

katysails wrote:

There you go again. First the bird-rescue photo, now this....

It's good that he redeems himself every now and again...

Perhaps that's how he's been able to unassumingly assume the
mantle of the newsgroup captain, despite Bobsprit's best efforts
to retain it. Perhaps a eulogaic verse is appropriate...

Just when you you think that we've struck rock bottom - they get verse!

Regards

Donal

CANDChelp

Making the 10:15 ebb at Hell Gate?

On 22 Jul 2003 13:27:33 GMT, (CANDChelp) wrote:

We're looking at Friday night. My friends Galaxy 32 is getting splashed on
Saturday morning, so we may sail over to Liberty Marina and help out.

R.
CANDChelp

Yes, head of NY Zooalogical Society Capital Projects when I knew him.
Large man, open face, big voice, good guy..

That's him. He's still around, I think. Big as ever, I think he's in charge of
the Zoo now. He was in charge of the Children's Zoo for a while.

RB
Marc

Doing the East River at night is beautiful, but you need to keep a
serious debris watch. There is a lot of big stuff floating around.
Also, they are doing some constructiion on the highway and the channel
is narrowed to almost 1/2 from 72nd St to 50th St. with large barges
cranes and miscl. equipment.