Flying Tadpole

Default Encore! Encore!

After so long away, I'm watching spellbound the kaleidoscopic DT
and the associated bloodsports. Please, guys, don't stop now!
Keep those fudge-packing iguanas, italianate families, and the
venomous bowl movements coming! A great idea for a B-grade
schlock-horror film/musical set in the Adelaide pie cart or
Sydney's Cafe-de-Wheels, where they serve pie floaters!
Bobsprit, are you still watching? You do the flick, I'll write
the score, and we'll offer the mastering to Danny, hmmm?
Scout

The civilized world would never believe it.

"A morbid and fantastic invention, created by the mind of a sociopath," they
'd say.

Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
Please, guys, don't stop now!

Flying Tadpole

Nono--it's a pie floater. A dense green pea soup (sludge
consistency) with a meat pie (mainly gravy rather than meat)
floating upside down in it with a blurt of tomato sauce (ketchup)
on the pie. Given that disgusting sludgy green pea soup was a
genuine delicacy in the Royal Navy of the Napoleonic era, despite
its appearance, and that the local meat pies are one of those
disgusting things that everybody consumes in private but never
admits to, it porbably tastes quite good, but I've never plucked
up the courage. (Why should I, when our other main traditional
fast food is the Cornish pastie with nary a pea in sight?)

http://www.lard.net/piefloat.html for a photo
http://www.dennislist.net/floaters.html for the ambience

Flying Tadpole

katysails wrote:

And what the heck is a floating pie?

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Flying Tadpole

No! I'm in competition with honoria! I'm going to get produced
first! (if Katysails would hurry up with the demos that is) No
bloody gondolas in MY opera, just manly men, female women and
REAL virtual sailors. All doomed of course.

Flying Tadpole

Scout wrote:

Are you a contributor? Anything at honoria in ciberspazio?
If so, I'd like to see more!
Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
But that's what all the assessors are already saying about The
Internet Opera....

Scout wrote:

The civilized world would never believe it.

"A morbid and fantastic invention, created by the mind of a sociopath,"

they
'd say.

Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
Please, guys, don't stop now!

Scout

Of course!
And if you could include some references to "Yellow Beard," we MP fans would
be much appeased. Some suggestions would be:
1. "You'll never kill anyone if you go 'round thinkin'!"
2. "Where's my piratin' outfit?"
3. "If you say you don't know where my treasure map is, I'll nail your tits
to the table!"
4. "Don't worry mate, I'll spend your share!"
5. "It'll do the boy good to have a bit of senseless violence in his life!"
And of course,
6. "Read! Read! The last time I read a book, I was raped!"
Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
All doomed of course.

Scout

GOOD LORD!

"Oz1" wrote
Before proceeding further with your enquiries I suggest you make a
detour here http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/asapo.htm#start
for a glimpse into the void!

Flying Tadpole

NOooooo!!! Oz not being cultured other than in a bacterial sense
is unaware of the other pretender to the Internet Opera crown
(hon. in cyb.) Do NOT confuse the Internet Opera aka The Cedar
Bucket with honoria in cyberspazio. No wimpish searches for
peace love and understanding and assorted warm furry feelings in
MY internet opera (other than the warm furry feeling of egos
flaming and pubes igniting in the miasmia arising from the
sanitary arrangements). No! No gondolas either!! No! and no
cyborgs either!!! the Cyborg wouldn't last one verse with
Bobsprit's Ghost Girls!!!! Nor does the script look like it was
written by a committee (why oh why do the oil companies,
philanthropic megamillionaires and cultural foundations fail to
see the genius and the potential profits in this searing expose
of virtual reality????)

Flying Tadpole

Scout wrote:

GOOD LORD!

"Oz1" wrote
Before proceeding further with your enquiries I suggest you make a
detour here http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/asapo.htm#start
for a glimpse into the void!

Flying Tadpole

There is a current outline at
http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/opera.htm

Scout wrote:

Yes, I understood the difference. After reading more, my response was in
recognition of the volume of your work, and all a consistent and commendable
quality. I believe Goethe would have enjoyed your work - well done!
Scout

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
NOooooo!!! Oz not being cultured other than in a bacterial sense
is unaware of the other pretender to the Internet Opera crown
(hon. in cyb.) Do NOT confuse the Internet Opera aka The Cedar
Bucket with honoria in cyberspazio. No wimpish searches for
peace love and understanding remainder of rant snipped

Thomas Stewart

Scout,

Is he a contributor!! He is THE POET LAURETE of the ASA!

As an English Teacher, You are about to be introduced to a Master User
of Words

And; "I'LL DRINK TO THAT!"

Ole Thom

katysails

No! I'm in competition with honoria! I'm going to get produced
first! (if Katysails would hurry up with the demos that is)\

Katysails is in the throes of half of Korea descending on her household in the matter of days...we've had three college
graduations since June...plus i've been working long hours...and then we HAD to get the boat in the water before I went stark
raving bonkers...(oh...I forgot...I already WAS stark raving bonkers...)...and then there was the matter of the ceremonial rite
of preparing the voodoo doll of neal for proper action....finding a Portuguese Man-o-War in Michigan, though, was quite a
trick....katysails PROMISES she will get to it ASAP....(barring death....)
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse