Capt. Mooron

Default Encore! Encore!

"Donal" wrote in message

| Did you see Bobsprit's post where he said that I actually liked him?
|

| Talk about "tongue in cheek"?????

Gag!!!!

CM

Flying Tadpole

Thank'ee Thom, life's been a little, er, tedious at my end...

Thomas Stewart wrote:

Tad,

You'll never,ever know how good your return has made this Old Man feel.
AND;
"By God. I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!!"

Ole Thom/ Without a boat in the water on the 4th of July

katysails

.....but we use turnips in them...no peas....

BbbYack!! Turnips?

Pasty Recipe...

Filling:
ground round (you choose how much)
dice up a bunch of carrots, turnips, and potato and mix with ground round, salt and pepper (needs a LOT) NOTE: There are NO
onions or garlic in pasties!!!!

crust:
1/2 again as much solid shortening as flour and 2 tsps. of chilled apple vinegar.
Use a fork or a pie dough thingy (if you cook you know what I'm talking about) and thoroughly mix the dough ingredients...divide
into two round balls, wrap in cellophane wrap and refrigerate for several hours...roll out each ball on a pie sheet or whatever
you use so that you have two circles....mound a bunch of the raw meat/vegetable mixture on one side of each circle of
dough...fold the other side over and pinch the edges together...bake in 375 oven on a cast iron griddle or skillet or on an oak
plank until the dough is golden brown and flaky...if you want, you can brush the crust with milk or egg white to make it
shiny....some people like shiny crust...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

(BTW Katy, SA had the biggest Cornish influx, for the copper
mines:

Cu: major export of the UP in the last 2 centuries...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Flying Tadpole

Cu: major export of South Australia in the last 2 centuries...

Look up world's biggest copper mines (say, top 10) over the last
200 years

Flying Tadpole, but the coppery glow comes from U not Cu...

katysails wrote:

(BTW Katy, SA had the biggest Cornish influx, for the copper
mines:

Cu: major export of the UP in the last 2 centuries...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
http://katysails.tripod.com

Flying Tadpole

Peas be with _you_, Oz.

More years ago than I care to remember, we hosted the Region 2
Firefighting COmpetitions. The Station Officer was a baker by
trade, and we made and baked '000s of pasties for the hungry
crowds on the day. made a lot of Social Club and equipment money
on the day! The recipe was almost exactly Katysails'. AND to
stay awake at 3am before the competitions, one would take a slug
of the juice appearing from all those chopping vegetables.

(Alas, we were all so zonked we didn't win or place in any
event. Any fire would have been attended by crews of zombies.)

Flying Tadpole

Oz1 wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 00:11:59 -0400, "katysails"
wrote:

....but we use turnips in them...no peas....

BbbYack!! Turnips?

Pasty Recipe...

Filling:
ground round (you choose how much)
dice up a bunch of carrots, turnips, and potato and mix with ground round, salt and pepper (needs a LOT) NOTE: There are NO
onions or garlic in pasties!!!!

turnips..yaack, and no peas!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Scout

really? how so? I don't know much about her.
Scout

"katysails" wrote in message

Madeline Kahn.

Great singer, great comic ability...too bad she was such a wretched

person....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Flying Tadpole

Oz1 wrote:

Great, but I still like peas in my pasties snip

Ah sh*t, why do we even _try_ teaching you social graces....
katysails

really? how so? I don't know much about her.

She was very difficult to work with "Diva'prima donna" arrirude and abusive to the other cast members she worked with.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Flying Tadpole

Oz1 wrote:

Great, but I still like peas in my pasties snip

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:01:28 +0930, Flying Tadpole
wrote:

Ah sh*t, why do we even _try_ teaching you social graces....

Oz1 wrote:
Because you enjoy the challenge?

No, it's the masochist in me.