Flying Tadpole

Default Encore! Encore!

Nono--it's a pie floater. A dense green pea soup (sludge
consistency) with a meat pie (mainly gravy rather than meat)
floating upside down in it with a blurt of tomato sauce (ketchup)
on the pie. Given that disgusting sludgy green pea soup was a
genuine delicacy in the Royal Navy of the Napoleonic era, despite
its appearance, and that the local meat pies are one of those
disgusting things that everybody consumes in private but never
admits to, it porbably tastes quite good, but I've never plucked
up the courage. (Why should I, when our other main traditional
fast food is the Cornish pastie with nary a pea in sight?)

http://www.lard.net/piefloat.html for a photo
http://www.dennislist.net/floaters.html for the ambience

Flying Tadpole

katysails wrote: