katysails

Default Encore! Encore!

.....but we use turnips in them...no peas....

BbbYack!! Turnips?

Pasty Recipe...

Filling:
ground round (you choose how much)
dice up a bunch of carrots, turnips, and potato and mix with ground round, salt and pepper (needs a LOT) NOTE: There are NO
onions or garlic in pasties!!!!

crust:
1/2 again as much solid shortening as flour and 2 tsps. of chilled apple vinegar.
Use a fork or a pie dough thingy (if you cook you know what I'm talking about) and thoroughly mix the dough ingredients...divide
into two round balls, wrap in cellophane wrap and refrigerate for several hours...roll out each ball on a pie sheet or whatever
you use so that you have two circles....mound a bunch of the raw meat/vegetable mixture on one side of each circle of
dough...fold the other side over and pinch the edges together...bake in 375 oven on a cast iron griddle or skillet or on an oak
plank until the dough is golden brown and flaky...if you want, you can brush the crust with milk or egg white to make it
shiny....some people like shiny crust...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse