Harry Krause

Default The Shipping News on Encore

This is an interesting movie and boats are involved. I saw it in the
theatre when it first came out and thought Kevin Spacey and crew did a
pretty good job turning the novel into an entertaining movie.

Other cast members include the delicious Julianne Moore, Judi Dench,
Cate Blanchett playing a lady with loose morals and Scott Glenn as a
publisher.

It's worth a watch, especially with winter approaching. The book, by
Annie Proulx, is better than the movie, but that is almost always the case.

Anyway, it's a decent movie.

-
Email sent to is never read.

Jim Irvine

Interesting mid-life crisis Spacey has in the story with regard to
discovering his "Roots" , but I'm sure it was worth it to end up with
Julianne Moore.

Don White

Take note of the scenery.
It was filimed between the Halifax area and Newfoundland.
Fair amount of film work on going.
The Elizabeth Smart story was recently filmed here as were a number of CBS
type Christmas movies over the last few years..
eg; Rob Lowe in the Christmas Shoes and a couple of Peter Faulk movies.
Tom Seleck (Magnum PI) is in town filming now.