Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tony Kenny

Default Newbie questions

Hello all,

I'm new to this sport (and hence the group) having bought a small
13.5foot boat with a Mercury 20hp outboard last week and had a great
time on Derwen****er at the weekend!
The boat is of an unknown make/mode and is quite old.

I look forward to doing the powerboat Level 2 course next week so
suspect that will answer a lot of my questions. In the meantime I
have some general questions I like to put to the group.

1) Is there a uk.r.b.p FAQ/website?
2) The boat has a 'mercontrol' remote with a 3-pin socket on the
front. Is this a kill-switch? If so, what woudl I connect that to on
the outboard?
3) there is a toggle switch on the front ende (not the top) of the
control - what is this usually used for?
4) The mercury outboard has a space to put a start motor - is it a
simple case of ramming one in and wiring it in or woudl the engine
have to be modified?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions along the way, but this is a
good start.

thansk in advance

Tony