Sandy Morton

Default Newbie questions

In article , Landlubber
wrote:
I have some questions which, hopefully, someone can help with. Do
we need permission to launch the boat or can we just go ahead?

Normally just go ahead - parking the car might be a bigger problem.

Are
there launch fees involved?

Not in this area.

What do we do about security? I'm imagining a scenario where we've
motored along, come to a nice stopping place - a village or such,
and want to get out and look around.

Doubt if you'll travel far enough to worry but I have seen loads of
inflatables in Millport Bay seemingly abndoned - owners in the pub or
the chippy or with a bit of luck out on a bike.

How do we stop someone nicking the boat?

A long bicycle chain will normally suffice and you can usually find
something to fix it too.

Apologies for such dumb questions - but there'll likely be more to
follow.

We were all beginners once upon a time :-)

Thanks in advance.

Nae panic.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton