Nick

Default Newbie questions

In article , Tony Kenny
writes
Hello all,

I'm new to this sport (and hence the group) having bought a small
13.5foot boat with a Mercury 20hp outboard last week and had a great
time on Derwen****er at the weekend!

don't forget the 10mph speed limit on there!

The boat is of an unknown make/mode and is quite old.

I look forward to doing the powerboat Level 2 course next week so
suspect that will answer a lot of my questions. In the meantime I
have some general questions I like to put to the group.

1) Is there a uk.r.b.p FAQ/website?

see other post with details of the groups charter

2) The boat has a 'mercontrol' remote with a 3-pin socket on the
front. Is this a kill-switch? If so, what woudl I connect that to on
the outboard?

Usually for the connection of accessories such as a tacho and 12v supply

3) there is a toggle switch on the front ende (not the top) of the
control - what is this usually used for?

That sounds like the kill switch.

--
Nick