posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Default advice on inflatable

Hi, our family are already seasoned boaters, but not paddlers. I'm after
a 2 man inflatable kayak for me to take out my kids in one at a time
when we are out and about without our boat. It needs to be inflatable
coz it will have to go in the back of the car and because the garage is
already taken up by our ski boat.

So, I've see:
http://www.nauticalia.com/uk-info/de...yak/90320.html

and:
http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/Robin...ayaks_210.html
the K2 version

There is quite a difference in price. The cheaper Challenger looks like
you get more for your money as you get a tracking fin. I suspect the
Seyvlor may be better quality to justify the higher price but I don't know.

Anyway, this is only for casual use. But it is for use on rivers rather
than lakes. So something that handles the rougher stuff would be better.

Any advice???

tnx, Nick

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Anybody in the market for an inflatable needs to start here and read
what they have to say. May change your mind about things, may not, but
you'll know what you're doing better.
http://theboatpeople.com/

Steve

cramersec wrote:
Anybody in the market for an inflatable needs to start here and read
what they have to say. May change your mind about things, may not, but
you'll know what you're doing better.
http://theboatpeople.com/

Steve

Agreed, they should win an award for the effort they've put into their
FAQ.

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Hi

I just found this site tonight . It's not an inflatable but it looks as if
it packs away smaller. Probably the wrong price range but worth a look.
http://www.rethinkkayak.com/
I have very cheap inflatable on my cloned E-Bay site.
www.paddlingandrowing.com
I even make remarks not to buy them in my articles!
Robert

ups.com...

NikTheGeek wrote:
Hi, our family are already seasoned boaters, but not paddlers. I'm after
a 2 man inflatable kayak for me to take out my kids in one at a time
when we are out and about without our boat.

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

On Nov 12, 4:07 pm, "Robert Kimberley"
wrote:

I just found this site tonight . It's not an inflatable but it looks as if
it packs away smaller. Probably the wrong price range but worth a look.http://www.rethinkkayak.com/

Wrong price range!? I'll say. By a factor of 15.

BTW, that Challenger is a pool toy. I would never take children out in
"rougher stuff" in one of those.

Steve