posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Default coaching

Hi

I am a 3rd year student at St Martins College Ambleside, I am
currently trying to obtain research for my dissertation and was
wondering whether anyone would be kind enough to answer a
questionnaire for me.

The questionaire is designed so that I can obtain other coaches
opinions on the way the star grades are structured and if they think
there could be room for improvement in any area.

If anyone is interested could you e-mail me andIi shall send a copy of
the questionnaire to you

Thanks

Callum
posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Ewan Scott

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:45:27 +0000, Mark Thomas anon wrote:

wrote:
Hi

I am a 3rd year student at St Martins College Ambleside, I am
currently trying to obtain research for my dissertation and was
wondering whether anyone would be kind enough to answer a
questionnaire for me.

The questionaire is designed so that I can obtain other coaches
opinions on the way the star grades are structured and if they think
there could be room for improvement in any area.

If anyone is interested could you e-mail me andIi shall send a copy of
the questionnaire to you

Thanks

Callum

I can see that you have tried http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/ as
suggested, so you just need to be patient. There's no point in simply
repeating your request here.

Sorry, what's that about then?

The student, who happens to be my son has posted a request on
ukriversguidebook and had not one single response - which for a
website/ forum that is constantly touted here as being THE place to
be, is actually pretty poor.

That aside, if asking for responses, anyone doing so ought to take
whatever means possible, if that includes posting on a forum and , God
Forbid, a newsgroup, then so be it.

Contrary to your view, there is every reason to post on here as well
as the ukriversguide.

It happens that considerable response has actually been had from a
third method used to contact coaches, should he having posted on the
forum, not have tried that third method that gave results?

Ewan Scott
posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Mark Thomas

wrote:

[...]

Ewan

I'm not complaining about him posting his request here. It's fine, just
that he posted the same request twice on consecutive days. I was simply
pointing out that posting more than once won't get him any more replies.
Remember that people may not be reading either this newsgroup or UKRGB
every day - so have patience.

Mark

wrote:

[...]

Just to clarify further - he posted twice HERE. I wasn't refereing to
any posts elsewhere. So stop blowing up in my face.

Mark

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Rob

"Ewan Scott" wrote in message
news

The student, who happens to be my son has posted a request on
ukriversguidebook and had not one single response - which for a
website/ forum that is constantly touted here as being THE place to
be, is actually pretty poor.

I use UKRGB and I certainly can't see 9or even find) a post of that nature.
When did he post?

That aside, if asking for responses, anyone doing so ought to take
whatever means possible, if that includes posting on a forum and , God
Forbid, a newsgroup, then so be it.

Contrary to your view, there is every reason to post on here as well
as the ukriversguide.

Indeed. It still serves a purpose.

It happens that considerable response has actually been had from a
third method used to contact coaches, should he having posted on the
forum, not have tried that third method that gave results?

Ewan Scott

posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Ewan Scott

I'm not complaining about him posting his request here. It's fine, just
that he posted the same request twice on consecutive days. I was simply
pointing out that posting more than once won't get him any more replies.
Remember that people may not be reading either this newsgroup or UKRGB
every day - so have patience.

Mark

Just to clarify further - he posted twice HERE. I wasn't refereing to
any posts elsewhere. So stop blowing up in my face.

The first post did not appear on his newsreader so he thought it
hadn't appeared.

Apologies for going off on one but I thought that you were doing a
don't post here post on ukriversguide routine and I didn't understand
what that was about.

I understand what you are saying now.

PAX?

Ewan Scott
posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Ewan Scott

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:52:34 +0000 (UTC), "Rob"
wrote:

"Ewan Scott" wrote in message
news

The student, who happens to be my son has posted a request on
ukriversguidebook and had not one single response - which for a
website/ forum that is constantly touted here as being THE place to
be, is actually pretty poor.

I use UKRGB and I certainly can't see 9or even find) a post of that nature.
When did he post?

I'm not sure when he posted but I know that he was a bit miffed that
no-one had responded.

Turns out a more direct approach seems to be more effective anyway :-)

Ewan Scott
posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Mark Thomas

Rob wrote:
"Ewan Scott" wrote in message
news
The student, who happens to be my son has posted a request on
ukriversguidebook and had not one single response - which for a
website/ forum that is constantly touted here as being THE place to
be, is actually pretty poor.

I use UKRGB and I certainly can't see 9or even find) a post of that nature.
When did he post?

It's in Community/Inland/HELP!!!!! Please posted at Wed Jan 11, 2006
12:44 am

He had 1 reply yesterday.

Mark
posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Rob

"Mark Thomas" anon wrote in message
Rob wrote:
"Ewan Scott" wrote in message
news
The student, who happens to be my son has posted a request on
ukriversguidebook and had not one single response - which for a
website/ forum that is constantly touted here as being THE place to
be, is actually pretty poor.

I use UKRGB and I certainly can't see 9or even find) a post of that
nature. When did he post?

It's in Community/Inland/HELP!!!!! Please posted at Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:44
am

He had 1 reply yesterday.

Mark

Found it at http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/f...ic.php?t=11398 -
Guidebook asked him to post the Quest, but he hasn't yet done so. Might be
worth his while doing so as I think people there will tend to reply on the
board rather than ask for a quest by mail?