posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Mark Thomas

Default coaching

Mark Thomas wrote:
Ewan Scott wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:45:27 +0000, Mark Thomas anon wrote:

wrote:

Hi

I am a 3rd year student at St Martins College Ambleside, I am
currently trying to obtain research for my dissertation and was
wondering whether anyone would be kind enough to answer a
questionnaire for me.

The questionaire is designed so that I can obtain other coaches
opinions on the way the star grades are structured and if they think
there could be room for improvement in any area.

If anyone is interested could you e-mail me andIi shall send a copy of
the questionnaire to you

Thanks

Callum

I can see that you have tried
http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/ as
suggested, so you just need to be patient. There's no point in
simply repeating your request here.

Sorry, what's that about then?
The student, who happens to be my son has posted a request on
ukriversguidebook and had not one single response - which for a
website/ forum that is constantly touted here as being THE place to
be, is actually pretty poor.

That aside, if asking for responses, anyone doing so ought to take
whatever means possible, if that includes posting on a forum and , God
Forbid, a newsgroup, then so be it.

Contrary to your view, there is every reason to post on here as well
as the ukriversguide.

It happens that considerable response has actually been had from a
third method used to contact coaches, should he having posted on the
forum, not have tried that third method that gave results?

Ewan Scott

Ewan

I'm not complaining about him posting his request here. It's fine, just
that he posted the same request twice on consecutive days. I was simply
pointing out that posting more than once won't get him any more replies.
Remember that people may not be reading either this newsgroup or UKRGB
every day - so have patience.

Mark

Just to clarify further - he posted twice HERE. I wasn't refereing to
any posts elsewhere. So stop blowing up in my face.

Mark