Allan Bennett

Default Marking Spraydecks

In article , Peter
wrote:
Don't do it!

The transfers only really work on light coloured backgrounds

Tosh! Use white text or graphics...?

and the iron has to be on the hottest setting - way above the melting

point
of the rubber in neoprene.

Ok.... I am confused.... how do I print white?

Change "font colour" in your document package?

It's easy to change things like that, here - on a decent computer. I presume
your PC or Mac can cope. After all, in order to print on to the transfer
paper you will need a bubble-jet printer (which can print in an array of
lovely colours as well as B&W).

If you are worried about white-on-white, do the original on screen in black
and then change to white-or-whatever or try changing the background colour.

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of primary education

Keith Meredith

In article ,
Allan Bennett wrote:
Tosh! Use white text or graphics...?

Doh!!

White print is merely the absence of any ink! You cannot get white by
mixing pigments!

There is negligible heat transfer through the layers, IME, and
there is no direct contact between the iron and garment.

Enough to scorch white cotton if you don't keep the iron moving pretty
rapidly!

Best wishes

Keith

--
__ _ _ @ + "I took | Water Ramblers
|\/| |_ |_) |_) \/ /\ up canoeing instead of climbing | Canoe Club
| | |__ | \ | \ / \__/ when I realised I could swim | On the R. Ouse
but not fly!" |at Harrold, Beds

Allan Bennett

In article , Keith Meredith
wrote:
In article ,
Allan Bennett wrote:
Tosh! Use white text or graphics...?

Doh!!

White print is merely the absence of any ink! You cannot get white by
mixing pigments!

Duh!

You obviously have negligible grip of how these things work... Printing is
via a special transfer paper.

I have just tried printing white on to a black T-shirt - seems OK to me.*

There is negligible heat transfer through the layers, IME, and
there is no direct contact between the iron and garment.

Enough to scorch white cotton if you don't keep the iron moving pretty
rapidly!

Duh!

No ironing experts at the other place, then?

Instructions suggest setting the iron to 'cotton'. Now read my comment that
you quoted above.

I can't find any suggestion that the iron should be in direct contact with
the garment or that it should be left stationary until it smokes.

Nor do the instructions suggest that you test the temperature of your iron by
holding it against your face, nor do they supply a scorch-test colour chart
for the same purpose.

Nor do they suggest trekking to your nearest PC-Nerd shop and asking for a
tank of pearly-flo-white ink for your bumblejet 5006 printer.

You can, of course, do all or any of these things if you so wish.

Now, I must check white printing on to a white T-shirt...

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of smoking substances

* I printed "Keith Meredith irons his panties - they're scorch-marks, honest"

Mike Buckley

Nice to see you can manage to be rude and obnoxious even when the BCU isnt
involved.

Allan Bennett wrote in message
In article , Keith Meredith
wrote:
In article ,
Allan Bennett wrote:
[...]

Allan Bennett

In article , Mike Buckley
wrote:
Nice to see you can manage to be rude and obnoxious even when the BCU isnt
involved.

Good to see that Buckey can still make inaccurate and irrelevant
observations and manage ad hominem comments yet still make no contribution to
the topic.

No change, then.

Perhaps it's time to get off your high horse and enter the real world. Or
perhaps your giveaway mendacious outburst disguised as righteous indignation
is spurred by socially inadequate ironing ability or... is it the nebulous
reference to soiled underwear which causes you Freudian embarrassment?

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of the humourless

Keith Meredith

In article ,
Allan Bennett wrote:
Allan Bennett
Not a fan of the humourless

But self-hatred is so negative :-)

Best wishes

Keith

--
__ _ _ @ + "I took | Water Ramblers
|\/| |_ |_) |_) \/ /\ up canoeing instead of climbing | Canoe Club
| | |__ | \ | \ / \__/ when I realised I could swim | On the R. Ouse
but not fly!" |at Harrold, Beds

Mike Buckley

(I typed all the above in white - - - - - - - - - )

Mike ;-)

Keith Meredith wrote in message
In article ,
Allan Bennett wrote:
Allan Bennett
Not a fan of the humourless

But self-hatred is so negative :-)

Best wishes

Keith

--
__ _ _ @ + "I took | Water Ramblers
|\/| |_ |_) |_) \/ /\ up canoeing instead of climbing | Canoe Club
| | |__ | \ | \ / \__/ when I realised I could swim | On the R. Ouse
but not fly!" |at Harrold, Beds

David Kemper

Top posting continued as MB likes it backwards, or so I've heard.

Don't worry, I'll print it out on black paper.............

later

ooooo!

That wasn't very nice!

Shame on you!

David
Not a fan of secret messages

PS
Just to clarify this DIY T shirt printing transfer lark, does the
backing sheet have a white background onto which the design is printed?
If not how do they print onto black T shirts using transfers? Are they
specially printed rather than using a home type ink jet printer?

As an afterthought, I used to have a paint-pen which held liquid paint
similar to ink and came in various colours including white. Revell
made/marketed them for detailing model kits. I used a white one for
several years for repainting the worn off dots on control knobs of
equipment I repair. I could do with finding another 1 or 3, so if anyone
knows of a stockist please post it here. They should work on black spray
decks too.
David

Allan Bennett wrote:
Allan Bennett
Not a fan of the humourless

But self-hatred is so negative :-)

Best wishes

Keith

--
__ _ _ @ + "I took | Water

Ramblers
|\/| |_ |_) |_) \/ /\ up canoeing instead of climbing | Canoe

Club
| | |__ | \ | \ / \__/ when I realised I could swim | On the R.

Ouse
but not fly!" |at Harrold,

Beds

Allan Bennett

In article , Keith Meredith
wrote:
In article ,
Allan Bennett wrote:
Allan Bennett
Not a fan of the humourless

But self-hatred is so negative :-)

Shallow, weak, misplaced - not worthy of you, even if it does reflect your
personal experience...

advice warning

Don't hate yourself in the morning - sleep 'till noon.

/advice warning

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of pussy-cats

Allan Bennett

In article , Mike Buckley
wrote:

(I typed all the above in white - - - - - - - - - )

Mike ;-)

Makes about as much sense as usual, but without the personal remarks. Still
nothing relevant to the topic, though...

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of white supremacy