Mike Buckley

Default Marking Spraydecks

Nice to see you can manage to be rude and obnoxious even when the BCU isnt
involved.

Allan Bennett wrote in message
In article , Keith Meredith
wrote:
In article ,
Allan Bennett wrote:
Tosh! Use white text or graphics...?

Doh!!

White print is merely the absence of any ink! You cannot get white by
mixing pigments!

Duh!

You obviously have negligible grip of how these things work... Printing

is
via a special transfer paper.

I have just tried printing white on to a black T-shirt - seems OK to me.*

There is negligible heat transfer through the layers, IME, and
there is no direct contact between the iron and garment.

Enough to scorch white cotton if you don't keep the iron moving pretty
rapidly!

Duh!

No ironing experts at the other place, then?

Instructions suggest setting the iron to 'cotton'. Now read my comment

that
you quoted above.

I can't find any suggestion that the iron should be in direct contact with
the garment or that it should be left stationary until it smokes.

Nor do the instructions suggest that you test the temperature of your iron

by
holding it against your face, nor do they supply a scorch-test colour

chart
for the same purpose.

Nor do they suggest trekking to your nearest PC-Nerd shop and asking for a
tank of pearly-flo-white ink for your bumblejet 5006 printer.

You can, of course, do all or any of these things if you so wish.

Now, I must check white printing on to a white T-shirt...

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of smoking substances

* I printed "Keith Meredith irons his panties - they're scorch-marks,

honest"