Bub

Default Thigh braces on Capella

I have a 2 year old P&H Capella 166 RM. It has little knobby thigh braces
that are very uncomfortable and do more to poke into the thigh then work as
a comfortable bracing spot. They are adjustable, fore and aft, but I've
tried all the locations and they just don't feel right.
Are there any other after market braces to replace these with, if so where
to look and what would you all reccommend?
I'm 5'9" and ~190#. Usually paddle inland lakes and occasionally Lake
Superior near shore on relatively calm days. No heroics, just do a lot of
leisurely paddling.
Thanks, Bub

Andy

Bub wrote:

I have a 2 year old P&H Capella 166 RM. It has little knobby thigh braces
that are very uncomfortable and do more to poke into the thigh then work as
a comfortable bracing spot. They are adjustable, fore and aft, but I've
tried all the locations and they just don't feel right.
Are there any other after market braces to replace these with, if so where
to look and what would you all reccommend?
I'm 5'9" and ~190#. Usually paddle inland lakes and occasionally Lake
Superior near shore on relatively calm days. No heroics, just do a lot of
leisurely paddling.
Thanks, Bub

Three of my friends and myself have RM 166s. All except myself took the
braces out. One person ducked taped a carved piece of closed cell foam
where he wanted support(closer to his knee). I left mine in because they
don't bother me, and I believe they help when rolling, but that could
all be in my head. I personally like a really, really tight fit. We are
old guys that paddle the far east coast of Atlantic Canada, no heroics,
but its a rough coast, mother nature seams to give us frequent
spanking's, this year anyway.

I have a Poly Capella and I like the factory braces. The boat is almost
identical to my NDK explorer to paddle except it lacks the speed and
capacity.
The braces are held in place with screws if it is anything like the
Capella I bought in 1998. You can take them out and not harm the boat .
Put them back if you resell the boat and no one is the wiser.
Again I am in Eastern Canada ( Newfoundland )
Hi Andy
Alex McGruer

Thigh Support Barry Touring 13 September 13th 04 04:29 AM
Please help me decide TallGuyCA Touring 14 October 24th 03 11:44 PM
Solstice or Capella? TallGuyCA General 3 September 29th 03 08:00 AM