Bub

Thanks Andy. I may try some foam from NRS or someplace like that. I just
seems that the ones in the boat don't fit right.
Bub

"Andy" andy1234ATaccesswave.ca wrote in message
Bub wrote:

I have a 2 year old P&H Capella 166 RM. It has little knobby thigh

braces
that are very uncomfortable and do more to poke into the thigh then work

as
a comfortable bracing spot. They are adjustable, fore and aft, but I've
tried all the locations and they just don't feel right.
Are there any other after market braces to replace these with, if so

where
to look and what would you all reccommend?
I'm 5'9" and ~190#. Usually paddle inland lakes and occasionally Lake
Superior near shore on relatively calm days. No heroics, just do a lot

of
leisurely paddling.
Thanks, Bub

Three of my friends and myself have RM 166s. All except myself took the
braces out. One person ducked taped a carved piece of closed cell foam
where he wanted support(closer to his knee). I left mine in because they
don't bother me, and I believe they help when rolling, but that could
all be in my head. I personally like a really, really tight fit. We are
old guys that paddle the far east coast of Atlantic Canada, no heroics,
but its a rough coast, mother nature seams to give us frequent
spanking's, this year anyway.