TallGuyCA

Default Solstice or Capella?

Hi,

I finally found two kayaks that I can fit in! I actually sat in both and
could get in and out easily. The British made P& H Capella
http://www.phseakayaks.com/our-kayaks-capella and Current Designs Soltice GT
XL http://www.cdkayak.com/kayaks/comps/solsticegtxl.asp .

I'll be trying them next Sunday but want your input before I make a purchase
decision. I am looking for a relatively fast boat that is sea worthy for a
230 LBS, 6'5" with a shoe size of 13 can fit in it.

I wanted an epic but I did not fit in the 16 or the 18 footers!

Thank you in advance.

Peter Kuhn

The Solstice series from CD are fast and very hard tracking boats. If
you want to go fast and straight, you'll like the Solstice. I paddle a
Solstice GTS high volume and have never found any need to drop the
rudder.

Pete

I finally found two kayaks that I can fit in! I actually sat in both and
could get in and out easily. The British made P& H Capella
http://www.phseakayaks.com/our-kayaks-capella and Current Designs Soltice GT
XL http://www.cdkayak.com/kayaks/comps/solsticegtxl.asp .

I'll be trying them next Sunday but want your input before I make a purchase
decision. I am looking for a relatively fast boat that is sea worthy for a
230 LBS, 6'5" with a shoe size of 13 can fit in it.

TallGuyCA

Today I sat in a Solstice GT XL for the first time. This boat has a single
mind! It wants to go straight. That is without the rudder. Amazingly a
fast boat and no fear of using my wing paddle to the limit! Very stable.
Now, I have to learn how to roll and turn!

The Capella that I sat in at the store was about two inches longer in the
cockpit area. I was not very comfortable during my test of the demo today.
Boy that is a nicer boat. I think I'll go with the Capella so I have
something to achieve. It is about couple of inches narrower and sits higher
in the water, less stable for this in-experience boater.

Thank you all for giving me directions as to what you think.

See you on the water.

"Peter Kuhn" wrote in message
The Solstice series from CD are fast and very hard tracking boats. If
you want to go fast and straight, you'll like the Solstice. I paddle a
Solstice GTS high volume and have never found any need to drop the
rudder.

Pete

I finally found two kayaks that I can fit in! I actually sat in both

and
could get in and out easily. The British made P& H Capella
http://www.phseakayaks.com/our-kayaks-capella and Current Designs

Soltice GT
XL http://www.cdkayak.com/kayaks/comps/solsticegtxl.asp .

I'll be trying them next Sunday but want your input before I make a

purchase
decision. I am looking for a relatively fast boat that is sea worthy

for a
230 LBS, 6'5" with a shoe size of 13 can fit in it.

Wade Norton

You might also appreciate the NDK Poseidon. Like you, I'm a bigger paddler
and I found the Poseidon to be one of the few 16 ft options, without
sacraficing British performance.

Good luck!!
Wade

m...