Gordon Niessen

Default Camera Safety

I just got a new digital SLR and am looking for a good dry storage bag
for it and my telephoto lens. Probable Sal****er spray exposure.
Anyone have a recommendation?

I have padded cases for both the camera and lens, but am not sure if
just sticking them in a dry storage pouch is the best route. And there
is the interest in taking photos while on the water. Any solutions
short of an acrylic diving case would be of interest.

--
Gordon Niessen
If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.
Steve

Gordon Niessen wrote:

I just got a new digital SLR and am looking for a good dry storage bag
for it and my telephoto lens. Probable Sal****er spray exposure.
Anyone have a recommendation?

1. Watershed bag
2. Pelican box
Take your pick

I have padded cases for both the camera and lens, but am not sure if
just sticking them in a dry storage pouch is the best route. And there
is the interest in taking photos while on the water. Any solutions
short of an acrylic diving case would be of interest.

Why not a case? Canon make them for their cameras and you can pick one up for
~$100-125. You won't take many pictures is you have to unload a waterprooof bag
for every exposure.

Steve

Craig Bryant

Try Ortlieb. They make a couple camera cases which are dry bags. I have one,
and really like it.
Orlieb has a very good reputation making high quality waterproof bags for
cycling, and other endeavors.

"Gordon Niessen" wrote in message
I just got a new digital SLR and am looking for a good dry storage bag
for it and my telephoto lens. Probable Sal****er spray exposure.
Anyone have a recommendation?

I have padded cases for both the camera and lens, but am not sure if
just sticking them in a dry storage pouch is the best route. And there
is the interest in taking photos while on the water. Any solutions
short of an acrylic diving case would be of interest.

--
Gordon Niessen
If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

River Wild

Go with a waterproof case designed specifically for your camera.
You'll be glad you did. Not only will your camera be fully protected
100% of the time (including while taking clear-as-always photographs),
but the cases float, too, just in case.... :-) They make the camera
a lot bigger, but why risk NOT using one?!?!
Gordon Niessen

Much research on the net has pointed me to EWA-Marine. They make
flexible cases with optical ports that work upto 60 feet deep. The also
make rain capes for cameras. I will probably go this route. Will post
a note with my review when I get one.

--
Gordon Niessen
If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

MBOSCHERT

Much research on the net has pointed me to EWA-Marine. They make
flexible cases with optical ports that work upto 60 feet deep. The also
make rain capes for cameras. I will probably go this route. Will post
a note with my review when I get one.

This is what I bought for my Canon A1 for under water photography. Works well,
but a little bulky. Dificult to get to all the controls and focus, but it is
doable. Mine was large enough to hold a flash to the side. Overall I prefer
to use a water proof camera now. Less bulky, easier to use, and less stress
worring about leaks.

FA: Raytheon Thermal Imaging Camera - Very Nice! Michael J. Electronics 0 April 22nd 04 12:17 AM
FA: Raytheon Thermal Imaging Camera - Very Nice! Michael J. General 0 April 22nd 04 12:16 AM
Anyone using Sponsons? Tim Ingram General 12 February 28th 04 11:11 PM
video camera jake General 1 January 22nd 04 07:44 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security Capt Lou General 88 January 18th 04 10:31 PM