jake

Default video camera

i would like to add a video camera on to my cpmy, to keep tabs on people
using the cockpit while underway, and for backing in to slips.
i have a furmo 1833c navnet, which will accept a video feed.
where can i find information on these cameras.
thank you.
Ed

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:06:54 -0500, jake wrote:

i would like to add a video camera on to my cpmy, to keep tabs on people
using the cockpit while underway, and for backing in to slips.
i have a furmo 1833c navnet, which will accept a video feed.
where can i find information on these cameras.
thank you.

the 1833c has a video output as std .. and the input board is an
option (correct ?)

is it an rca jack ? If so it "should" simply be a matter of using any
compatible camera which can be $20 to a few hundred depending on your
desire for b&w or color ... low light capability ... lens angle and
housing.

many of the cams are 12vdc and if that's your power source you're in
luck.

take a look at http://www.supercircuits.com for decent prices on plug
and play cameras from board cameras submersible housings.

I expected www.furuno.com to have more info on the subject (or I
missed it)

note: I haven't linked a cam to a furuno, I have played with a few
board cameras, if they are compatible. Need the input specs of your
unit.

- Ed
got talc ?
Drysuit talc & bags http://www.underwaterusa.com