Default Function of a leeboard on a flatbottemd ship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeboard
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeboard

Bouler, certainly no offense intended for you, but I do not use
Whacopedia because it is a "people's encyclopedia" which can be modified
by anyone with no editorial oversight to ensure accuracy, thus I cannot
be sure when reading definitions if they are, in fact, correct or if the
author has some sort of "agenda". In this case, since I know so little,
I'm sure I wouldn't spot any errors but I have seen many, many when
researching subjects with which I am familiar and knowledgeable.

As to the def of "leeboard", I thought your informal one was quite good.

--
HEMI - Powered, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

"HEMI - Powered" schreef in bericht
Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeboard

Bouler, certainly no offense intended for you, but I do not use
Whacopedia because it is a "people's encyclopedia" which can be modified
by anyone with no editorial oversight to ensure accuracy, thus I cannot
be sure when reading definitions if they are, in fact, correct or if the
author has some sort of "agenda". In this case, since I know so little,
I'm sure I wouldn't spot any errors but I have seen many, many when
researching subjects with which I am familiar and knowledgeable.

As to the def of "leeboard", I thought your informal one was quite good.

Ok, but the site I gave you gives perfect information.
OTOH I can understand you but a lot of wikipedia gives you a first
impression, I learnd a lot on several pages..
BTW every encyclopedia is made by people;-)
[...]

Please be aware that my point was and is, Bouler, that the problem with
Whackopedia is that there is NO editorial overight as with a
commercial, published encyclopedia or a moderated NG. Please also
recall that I said that since my nautical knowledge is so limited, and
your explaination was so good, that I can hardly detect an error in the
reference you cited. But, I HAVE discovered factual errors in it
ranging from cars to IT to American and world history to politics to
medicine to about anything I've ever looked at when I get a Google hit
and I'm already knowledgeable enough to know what is and is not
correct. This is rather simple to do, as I easily can with the Mopar
NG, allpar.com, which is just rife with errors, some so egregious as to
hurt my eyes coming from a site supposedly the authority on Chrysler
engineering and performance.

--
HP, aka Jerry

[...]

I know exacly what you mean Jerry and there are so many sites about
everything with different views.
But a fact is a fact , on several pagen I know what the facts should be but
my knowledge is also limited.
[...]

OK, OK! I did say, didn't I, that YOU know your boats like I know my
cars and if you say that wiki is Okey, Dokey here, I will certainly
take your word for it. I do hope, though, that you at least see where
my skepticism comes from ...

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"

"HEMI - Powered" schreef in bericht

I know exacly what you mean Jerry and there are so many sites about
everything with different views.
But a fact is a fact , on several pagen I know what the facts should
be but my knowledge is also limited.

OK, OK! I did say, didn't I, that YOU know your boats like I know my
cars and if you say that wiki is Okey, Dokey here, I will certainly
take your word for it. I do hope, though, that you at least see where
my skepticism comes from ...

I already did and still do.
--
Greetings