Bouler Bouler is offline

Default Function of a leeboard on a flatbottemd ship

"HEMI - Powered" schreef in bericht

As to the def of "leeboard", I thought your informal one was quite
good.

Ok, but the site I gave you gives perfect information.
OTOH I can understand you but a lot of wikipedia gives you a first
impression, I learnd a lot on several pages..
BTW every encyclopedia is made by people;-)

Please be aware that my point was and is, Bouler, that the problem with
Whackopedia is that there is NO editorial overight as with a
commercial, published encyclopedia or a moderated NG. Please also
recall that I said that since my nautical knowledge is so limited, and
your explaination was so good, that I can hardly detect an error in the
reference you cited. But, I HAVE discovered factual errors in it
ranging from cars to IT to American and world history to politics to
medicine to about anything I've ever looked at when I get a Google hit
and I'm already knowledgeable enough to know what is and is not
correct. This is rather simple to do, as I easily can with the Mopar
NG, allpar.com, which is just rife with errors, some so egregious as to
hurt my eyes coming from a site supposedly the authority on Chrysler
engineering and performance.

I know exacly what you mean Jerry and there are so many sites about
everything with different views.
But a fact is a fact , on several pagen I know what the facts should be but
my knowledge is also limited.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)