mosey

Default OT-prop to jet pump conversion?

I have a new 40 hp Mercury outboard on my 15 ft. aluminum center console.
If I had known the versatility of jet pumps I would have bought one, but now
having the new boat and motor wonder if it's cost effective, or even
possible to purchase a kit to change my prop motor over to a pump.

TIA
Mosey

Larry

I have a new 40 hp Mercury outboard on my 15 ft. aluminum center console.
If I had known the versatility of jet pumps I would have bought one, but

now
having the new boat and motor wonder if it's cost effective, or even
possible to purchase a kit to change my prop motor over to a pump.

That's a very popular conversion here on the River Skagit: Aluminum hull
(will dent, not break when rocks are hit) and O/B with jet foot (great
shallow-water clearance).

You did not mention why you are considering a jet. If it is "performance"-
forget it. O/B jet pumps are about 40% less efficient than props. If it is
for shallow-water operations, then it cannot be beat. It's also very safe
around swimmers.

Jet conversions are readily available on the used market.

--
(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

"mosey" wrote in message
.. .
I have a new 40 hp Mercury outboard on my 15 ft. aluminum center console.
If I had known the versatility of jet pumps I would have bought one, but

now
having the new boat and motor wonder if it's cost effective, or even
possible to purchase a kit to change my prop motor over to a pump.

TIA
Mosey

mosey

I've done google on "jet conversions", and a couple others but only came up
with replacement pumps for existing applications. If you see a specific
site could you reply with it?

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

"mosey" wrote in message
.. .
I have a new 40 hp Mercury outboard on my 15 ft. aluminum center

console.
If I had known the versatility of jet pumps I would have bought one, but

now
having the new boat and motor wonder if it's cost effective, or even
possible to purchase a kit to change my prop motor over to a pump.

TIA
Mosey

Larry

If you see a specific
site could you reply with it?

Certainly, Here's a few:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...=Google+Search

And this Ebay search occasionally brings up a few:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...0&BasicSearch=

Happy hunting!

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

.. .

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

"mosey" wrote in message
.. .
I have a new 40 hp Mercury outboard on my 15 ft. aluminum center

console.
If I had known the versatility of jet pumps I would have bought one,

but
now
having the new boat and motor wonder if it's cost effective, or even
possible to purchase a kit to change my prop motor over to a pump.

TIA
Mosey

Larry

Thanks Larry, snip
You're welcome.

Sometimes it's more difficult to identify the correct search phrase, than it
is to find the actual sites.

One gots to be da "Internet detective" at times :-)

--
(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

. ..

"Larry" wrote in message
If you see a specific
site could you reply with it?

Certainly, Here's a few:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...=Google+Search

And this Ebay search occasionally brings up a few:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...0&BasicSearch=

Happy hunting!

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

.. .

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

"mosey" wrote in message
.. .
I have a new 40 hp Mercury outboard on my 15 ft. aluminum center
console.
If I had known the versatility of jet pumps I would have bought

one,
but
now
having the new boat and motor wonder if it's cost effective, or

even
possible to purchase a kit to change my prop motor over to a pump.

TIA
Mosey

Bob La Londe

Please, let us know if you buy a pump conversion, and how it works for you.
I have been wanting to do something like that for running up a river with
alot of sandbars.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"mosey" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks Larry, same ones I came up with. I did notice a number for

Specialty
Manufacturing, I'll call them tomorrow!

Mosey

"Larry" wrote in message
If you see a specific
site could you reply with it?

Certainly, Here's a few:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...board+pump&btn
G=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...board+jet+conv
ersion&btnG=Google+Search

And this Ebay search occasionally brings up a few:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&sosortpropert
y=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=

Happy hunting!

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

.. .

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

"mosey" wrote in message
.. .
I have a new 40 hp Mercury outboard on my 15 ft. aluminum center
console.
If I had known the versatility of jet pumps I would have bought

one,
but
now
having the new boat and motor wonder if it's cost effective, or

even
possible to purchase a kit to change my prop motor over to a pump.

TIA
Mosey

prop advise needed Gregory McGuire General 3 July 7th 04 01:25 AM
Prop christopher krigbaum General 4 June 26th 04 01:07 PM
Volvo 270 outdrive prop cone replacement? Bob General 5 May 18th 04 08:57 PM
Removing lower unit from 40 hp Johnson outboard - Help? Brian Silver General 9 September 29th 03 06:17 PM
1972 Johnson 20 HP - Can't Find A Prop RDJ Boat Building 2 September 6th 03 01:18 PM