Default Interesting discussions

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Hate? That's a Republican characteristic. I think she's terrific, and just
the woman I want to see capture the 2012 GOP nomination.

You see Harry, a statement like that tells all.

We have no idea who will be running in 2012. We have no proof of how well
or badly Obama will govern. We have no idea how well or badly a Democrat
controlled Congress is going to perform. We have no idea which party or
person will be best for the situation and conditions in 2012.

With all these unknows, and 4 years away, you are already lined up to vote
Democratic.
Takes a lot of wind out of your sails with regard to your advocacy of a
particular candidate.

Eisboch

Get back to me when the GOP candidates dump "social conservatism" and
the evangelicals. Until they do, I don't consider them fit for high
office. We've just lived through eight years of that nonsense...not again.

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

So, in other words, your "faith" in the Democratic Party is just that ....
sorta like belief in an organized religion, rather than in individual
ideals.

Ok. I understand now.

Eisboch

Eisboch

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message

Don White wrote:
I bet she disappears off the national scene.
The Republicans will have to find quality people next time around.
Wonder if that Jeb Bush from Florida might step up?

Almost forgot about him. He was a good governor and a likable fellow.

I remember from the few years we wintered in Florida that Jeb was very
popular and well regarded.
In fact, I really don't remember anybody, personally or in the media that
had any bad things to say about him. He was certainly on top of things
when it came to the 3 hurricanes we experienced during our time down
there.

He would probably have to change his last name though, to be seriously
considered.

Eisboch

Jeb seems to have disappeared...

Maybe he already changed his name.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Nice try. My lack of faith in the GOP at the national level is partially
based upon its adherence to "social conservatism" and its dependence
upon evangelicals. There are innumerable other factors about the
"modern" GOP that are turn offs for me, and some of those are wrapped up
in what you are calling "Republican ideals." These include the
destruction of individual liberties the last eight years, the intrusion
into privacy, the opposition to abortion, the opposition to science, the
opposition to birth control, the excesses of corporations, wall street,
insurance companies, overly aggressive foreign policies, overspending on
the military, ignoring our crumbling infrastructure, and so on and so
forth, ad nauseum.

Oh yeah...the Republican governors consider Sarah Palin a leader of the
party. I would have categorized her as a national embarrassment.

"Boater" wrote in message

Nice try. My lack of faith in the GOP at the national level is partially
based upon its adherence to "social conservatism" and its dependence upon
evangelicals. There are innumerable other factors about the "modern" GOP
that are turn offs for me, and some of those are wrapped up in what you
are calling "Republican ideals." These include the destruction of
individual liberties the last eight years, the intrusion into privacy, the
opposition to abortion, the opposition to science, the opposition to birth
control, the excesses of corporations, wall street, insurance companies,
overly aggressive foreign policies, overspending on the military, ignoring
our crumbling infrastructure, and so on and so forth, ad nauseum.

Thanks. I thought it was good too.

Anyway, you seem to be primarily opposed to Bush and Co. and not necessarily
moderate Republicans that make the majority of the party. Good. I tend to
agree with you.

Neither party is going to have all the elements to it that 100 percent
satisfies everybody.
But, with a little bit of flexibility on your part, you could be a candidate
for conversion.

Oh yeah...the Republican governors consider Sarah Palin a leader of the
party. I would have categorized her as a national embarrassment.

Forget Sarah Palin. She's a non-event. Tell you what ... if the
Republican party nominates her for anything other than moose catcher in
2012, I'll vote a straight Democratic ticket.

Eisboch

On Nov 14, 5:42*am, Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:

[...]

Anything seems to be a national embarrassment to you if it isn't
Union, and Marxist.

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Convince me that "moderates" make up the majority of the Republican Party.

"Boater" wrote in message

Convince me that "moderates" make up the majority of the Republican Party.

Why?

You are already deeply rooted in your religion.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Forget Sarah? No way. She's going to remain a constant reminder of the
contempt in which the GOP holds the United States. :)

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Convince me that "moderates" make up the majority of the Republican Party.

Why?

You are already deeply rooted in your religion.

Eisboch

The real answer, of course, is that there is no proof that "moderates"
make up the majority of the GOP. In fact, if you look through the state
by state returns from the last election, you'll see the pattern emerge
of who most Republican voters are...mainly older, whiter, evangelicals.
Hardly moderates.

Well that was interesting... GOP= Gredy Old Pigs General 0 October 27th 06 03:38 PM
Interesting new car... JohnH General 35 July 30th 06 01:36 AM
Moderate Feminists 6x more likely to cause pointless discussions Daedalus General 1 July 19th 06 01:53 PM
A visit with an interesting guy who builds an interesting boat.... [email protected] General 8 June 16th 06 04:46 AM
Interesting take on 911. Vito ASA 6 May 6th 06 03:30 PM