Boater Boater is offline

Default Interesting discussions

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Nice try. My lack of faith in the GOP at the national level is partially
based upon its adherence to "social conservatism" and its dependence upon
evangelicals. There are innumerable other factors about the "modern" GOP
that are turn offs for me, and some of those are wrapped up in what you
are calling "Republican ideals." These include the destruction of
individual liberties the last eight years, the intrusion into privacy, the
opposition to abortion, the opposition to science, the opposition to birth
control, the excesses of corporations, wall street, insurance companies,
overly aggressive foreign policies, overspending on the military, ignoring
our crumbling infrastructure, and so on and so forth, ad nauseum.

Thanks. I thought it was good too.

Anyway, you seem to be primarily opposed to Bush and Co. and not necessarily
moderate Republicans that make the majority of the party. Good. I tend to
agree with you.

Neither party is going to have all the elements to it that 100 percent
satisfies everybody.
But, with a little bit of flexibility on your part, you could be a candidate
for conversion.

Oh yeah...the Republican governors consider Sarah Palin a leader of the
party. I would have categorized her as a national embarrassment.

Forget Sarah Palin. She's a non-event. Tell you what ... if the
Republican party nominates her for anything other than moose catcher in
2012, I'll vote a straight Democratic ticket.

Eisboch

Convince me that "moderates" make up the majority of the Republican Party.