Default Sirius Customer Service...

On Oct 31, 8:54*am, Boater wrote:
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:56:50 -0400, Boater
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
I keep hearing horror stories about Sirius customer service, but I
gotta tell you - I've had nothing but success with them.

Yesterday, I cancelled my second reciever because Mrs. Wave is getting
a new car with Sirius installed. *So I called and cancelled that radio
until her new car is delivered on Monday.

Little bit of a screwup unfortunately - they cancelled the wrong radio
- instead of cancelling Mrs. Wave's receiver, they cancelled mine.
Little mixup.

Expecting a huge hassle, I got to customer service, they did a
receiver swap and everything is now up and running.

Took all of three minutes start to finish.

Can't beat that.
Honestly, I cannot figure out the appeal of a "subscribed" radio service
to listen to music.

Well, I guess it's the difference between an eclectic knowledge and
appreciation of different musical genres than a rather static approach
to "radio".

For me, I like the ability to switch according to mood. *I do have my
favorites - latin and light jazz, moldie oldies and electronica. Hell,
I was introduced to a great band, Ladytron, via the Chill
electronic/technica channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqGoHouoE0

On the other hand, I have news, sports and traffic informtion
available when I want it, not when it's on the hour. *Now that it's
linked up with my in-car GPS, I also have traffic cams which is kind
of cool.

Even on at it's best, terrestrial radio is boring, commercial ridden
and flatly uninteresting. *The other day, I was listening to WEEI out
of Boston - a sports talk radio station in a rental car and in one
hour, there was 31 minutes of commercials during drive time - 31
minutes. *And that's not the only one who does that. *I switched to
the local NPR station and it was 26 minutes of begging for money out
of an hour.

My wife and I each have iPods that have "hard
wiring" plug-ins in the cars, and we listen to what we want to listen to
when we want to listen to music. Otherwise, the car radio is on NPR.

To each their own - I gots mine, you gots yours. *:)

And, frankly, NPR sucks - the most god awful programming on the face
of the planet.

Hehehe. *NPR is terrific. The best interviewers, the best interview
subjects, informative talk radio shows where the hosts maintain
civility, long, detailed features.

I don't like mindless "Rush" radio.- Hide quoted text -

Is that the only choices for radio stations up there? Either Rush or
NPR? That's weird.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

of the planet.- Hide quoted text -

Tom, you just don't understand. If Harry doesn't do it, it simply
isn't something that someone else should do.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:24:27 -0400, Jim wrote:

Have you noticed? You two don't seem to have much in common. Tom is
usually upbeat, funny at times, engaging, interesting, honest,
knowledgeable, and usually willing to share his knowledge. And he
usually doesn't end up on the bottom of a pig pile.

Ah - another of my adoring fans.

Thank you - thank you - I'll be here all week.

Try the salad, but watch out for the fish.
Jim Jim is offline

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:24:27 -0400, Jim wrote:

Have you noticed? You two don't seem to have much in common. Tom is
usually upbeat, funny at times, engaging, interesting, honest,
knowledgeable, and usually willing to share his knowledge. And he
usually doesn't end up on the bottom of a pig pile.

Ah - another of my adoring fans.

Thank you - thank you - I'll be here all week.

Try the salad, but watch out for the fish.

Meant it from the bottom of my cold cold heart. Eeeeeeeah! Pass the bread.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:43:39 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message

I suppose NPR is not the best network for the non-intellectuals who
require their information be spooned out in tidy little soundbites. :)

Right. We non-intellectuals answered the question, "Who am I?" when we
were about 6 years old and then got on with it.

Ever notice that most of the people who claim to listen to NPR have
all the native curiosity of an onion?

"Boater" wrote in message
I suppose NPR is not the best network for the non-intellectuals who
require their information be spooned out in tidy little soundbites. :)

Right. We non-intellectuals answered the question, "Who am I?" when we
were about 6 years old and then got on with it.

Ever notice that most of the people who claim to listen to NPR have
all the native curiosity of an onion?

No, but I have noticed that many of those who do not think Sarah Palin
is qualified to hold high federal office.

"Boater" wrote in message
I suppose NPR is not the best network for the non-intellectuals who
require their information be spooned out in tidy little soundbites.
:)
Right. We non-intellectuals answered the question, "Who am I?" when we
were about 6 years old and then got on with it.

Ever notice that most of the people who claim to listen to NPR have
all the native curiosity of an onion?

No, but I have noticed that many of those who do not think Sarah Palin is
qualified to hold high federal office.

Ah! Perfect new job for Keith Oblbermann! Might even go back to watching
MSNBC if he left.

I've acknowledged before that IMO neither party has put forth a decent
choice this election cycle, and I am slowly losing interest. However .....

As you often put it, it would be absolutely "delicious" to have McCain
pull out a squeaker victory and watch that smug, egotistical blowhard
Oblbermann having to report it next Tuesday night. Nothing would make my
day more than that.

Have you noticed, every night a few more strands of hair have been dyed
grey? Fer cripes sakes, Olbermann, if you are so vain that you want the
"distinguished" look, do it and get it over with. The progressive nightly
graying, hoping the viewers won't notice, is just another indication of a
massive, self admiring ego.

Can you tell I am not an Olbermann fan?

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
[...]

I prefer Rachel, but there's no question Olbermann is driving the hard
right absolutely nuts.

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
[...]

Not at all - I believe him.

Somewhat limited in context and concept as most NPR stuff is, but
that's his thing - no problems from me.

I'm not limited by anything - I like everything. I mean, listen to
World music you can go from the ever sacrine Enya to Australian
abrogine folk music sung in Lardil (a obstruent based "click"
language).

Switch over to Latin and I can get everything from salsa to mariachi
(the later being one of my more favorite genres of music). I got
light jazz, heavy jazz, decade based moldie oldies, a very nice
classical station and Saturday, live from the MET (I do have some
favorite operas) and if in the mood, I can listen to CNN, FOX,
Bloomberg, CNBC and a variety of sports.

It just seem limiting to listen to a self-produced iPod playlist and
NPR. Why not stretch your horizons a little?

Some people do, some don't.

Nuttin I can do about it. :) Live my life like I want.

"Boater" wrote in message
I suppose NPR is not the best network for the non-intellectuals who
require their information be spooned out in tidy little soundbites. :)
Right. We non-intellectuals answered the question, "Who am I?" when we
were about 6 years old and then got on with it.

Ever notice that most of the people who claim to listen to NPR have
all the native curiosity of an onion?

No, but I have noticed that many of those who do not think Sarah Palin
is qualified to hold high federal office.

See - you just made my point.

The thread was about radio and you gotta make a comment about a
political figure.

That's why people don't listen to NPR - it's limiting and your field
of vision is too narrow - no curiosity - it's all goetterdaemmerung.

If I want goetterdaemmerung I'll listen to Wagner.

Or NPR. :)