Default re powering a pontoon, now decking material selection

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:34:33 -0400, jim wrote:

JohnH wrote:

?;^ Q
Now you're talking'!

Trailer parks are the way to go. You might try driving around the
neighborhood the evening before trash day also. That's how I picked up the
carpet for my garage. What do you think?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2..._DIS0001-1.jpg

That's appropriate for a great bike or two!
The bicycle in the back is sized for WAFA. Have you two been riding
together?

That seat's not nearly wide enough for WAFL.

That rug might be worth some serious cash. Take it to a oriental rug
dealer and get it appraised.

Let's wait for a few more oil changes thereon just to increase the value
some.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]
Tim Tim is offline

JohnH wrote:

?;^ Q
Now you're talking'!

Trailer parks are the way to go. You might try driving around the
neighborhood the evening before trash day also. That's how I picked up the
carpet for my garage. What do you think?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2..._DIS0001-1.jpg

That's appropriate for a great bike or two!
The bicycle in the back is sized for WAFA. *Have you two been riding
together?

That seat's not nearly wide enough for WAFL.

That rug might be worth some serious cash. Take it to a oriental rug
dealer and get it appraised.

Let's wait for a few more oil changes thereon just to increase the value
some.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
*[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]- Hide quoted text -

Well guys. I passed on the pontoon. I went and looked at it in better
light and I had cash with me, and glad I didn't bite on it. The owner
said he wouldn't be there, but I could help myself to looking at it in
his machine shed. The pontoons were good looking, but I noticed that
even with the trailer sitting of flat and level concrete, I noticed
that one pontoon was actually higher than the other in the front and
lower in the back. I crawled underneath it and saw a slight wrinkle
about mid way back on one of the tubes. I then noticed on the
"Hoosier" style trailer that somebody had done some welding on the
frame, and a slight bend (more like a dent) in the front axle. Oh,
they did a good job welding on the frame, but I noticed that it
looked like they had taken a torch to heat the axle to straighten it
back out and where the damaged tube was, there was also a new tire and
rim. even though I didn't see any damage to the bottom of the tube,
like a heavy scrape or gouge, it hit me what probably happened.
Either a wreck from the tire blowing, and causing a semi roll-over, or
they hit something pretty hard, and it took out the tire and rim and
bent the axle. thus putting a wrinkle in the tube. Granted, this was a
stolen recovery vessel and it looked like it would have been a good
deal, especially since I had a spare engine to replace the one that
was stolen. I wouldn't mind building the boat from the floor on up,
and outfitting it the way I wanted, but that's too much damage. So,
It wasn't the bargain I thought it would be, so I walked.

Good thing , too!

Thanks for the advice on flooring and having a bit of fun with the
linoleum!
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 29, 2:33*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:19:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

[...]

Good call.

In this market you should be able to find a better deal.

One thing that will bend an axle is dropping a wheel off in a culvert
and having the axle hit the end cap.

agreed.

Anywho damage was done and noticed.

Yep, as winter comes on, there will be others. I'm giong to keep my
eyes open.

I did see an OK 26' pontoon complete with single axle trailer and 30
hp Johnson go on eBay for a BIN of $2100.00 . The seats were so-so but
it had a next to new (according to description) folding bimini top.
The guy said the only reason he was selling it was because he bought
another boat so it had to go. Sorry I couldn't have checked it out.
it was just 50 m. away too.

JohnH wrote:

[...]

Fun? I was serious as sin!

JohnH wrote:

[...]

Oh, I know John. I was serious too! but you can still have fun and be
serious.

I think.

Powering pda on board MP Electronics 3 June 3rd 05 05:10 AM
Powering a boat with AC and DC (was) WTB: Marine Inverter Skip Gundlach Boat Building 36 April 10th 05 11:00 PM
powering a boat sel1 Boat Building 2 December 10th 04 04:19 AM
B & M Pontoon seat ct General 0 July 6th 04 02:18 AM
New Pontoon Mke Graham General 0 August 13th 03 12:00 PM