Default re powering a pontoon, now decking material selection

On Oct 23, 11:12*am, Tim wrote:
On Oct 23, 9:39*am, JohnH wrote:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:47:21 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:
On Oct 22, 5:38*pm, JohnH wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:00:39 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:
On Oct 22, 10:42*am, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 01:07:52 GMT, JohnH wrote:
Cost maybe? Is that stuff cheap? Have you considered exterior plywood
covered with a fancy linoleum?

I would think lino would be slippery, especially when wet.

Casady

Oh! I agree.

But wouldn't it look nice?

?;^ Q

Seriously though, Hey, I'm enjoying this thread. It's giving some good
insight on things which I appreciate.

This is what Rec.Boats is for!

I knew you had good taste. Besides, a little glue and some sand and the
slipperiness is history!
--
Hey John.

Thanks for the heads up on the linoleum.

So far I have this picked out.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_7yX2zsAqE18/Rh...Ko/fT3BiHzCPYI....

Ai't it great?

That's beautiful!

I especially like the 'fake moldy' look towards the middle. You couldn't
have done better!
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
*[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]- Hide quoted text -

Well, I look at it like this John.

Popel go out and pay 100+ bucks for a pair of worn out, faided, dirty
looking Jeans with raggedy holes in the knees, so I figured this might
be the ticket. *it would give the pontoon floor that broken in "homey"
look. *Of course I would need to ask permission, but I think I might
ask some people at the local trailer park what their kitchen floors
have. That gives more options, y'know.

?;^ Q- Hide quoted text -

Then you could use some old kitchen furniture, but be sure to bolt
down the chair you'll be using to drive the boat!
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
[...]

down the chair you'll be using to drive the boat!- Hide quoted text -

Loog, we're on the same track. Instead of paying out $500. plus a
piece for pontoon furniture etc, I was thinking more on the $20.00
yard sale couch etc. Especially if I can find some that has that "oak
barrel" look.

But reflecting from the past I rememeber the days of my ill-spent
youth. some *buddies* any I were going to take an old 10x45 house
trailer and strap plastic 55 gal. barrels under it ( a bunch of 'em!)
Take a truck salvaged 350 chevy and automatic transmission , make a
direct drive on the drive shaft, and have dual rudders complete with
power steering from the rack and pinion from a Chevette. Steering and
rudders up front, engine in the back (seemed like it ought to work). A
4-K generator to power the freezer, microwave, TV, lights and
refrigerator. Freezer for food, 'frige for beer.

We were planning on dropping in at Vincennes In. float it to the Ohio,
then to the Missippi. and ride it out to the Delta.

We didn;t think we'd need to check with C Guard or any water
authorities, after all. if it was good enough for Huck Finn it was
good enough for us!

Well, needless to say it never happened, because 30 years later, I'm
alive to write about it.

"Tim" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Boat vinyl flooring is called Nautilex. Best price is at Cabelas.

Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 23, 1:29*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Oct 23, 10:42 am, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Boat vinyl flooring is called Nautilex. *Best price is at Cabelas.- Hide quoted text -

"Boat vinyl?" "Nautilex?" "Cabelas?"

Man, I'm talking "Cheap Lanolium" (by the roll) at "Bob's Outletand
Salvage" or "cousin Fred's Discount"

wrote:
[...]

Now you're talking'!

Trailer parks are the way to go. You might try driving around the
neighborhood the evening before trash day also. That's how I picked up the
carpet for my garage. What do you think?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2..._DIS0001-1.jpg

That's appropriate for a great bike or two!
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:29:38 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Real men don't do Cabelas for linoleum!

wrote:
[...]

It always is good to explore all options, John.

I'll be going over this afternoon to possibly close the deal.

28' pontoon and trailer for $1200.00?

Might be in my back yard this evening.
DK DK is offline

wrote:
[...]

The bicycle in the back is sized for WAFA. Have you two been riding
together?

wrote:
[...]

That seat's not nearly wide enough for WAFL.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]
Jim Jim is offline

JohnH wrote:

?;^ Q
Now you're talking'!

Trailer parks are the way to go. You might try driving around the
neighborhood the evening before trash day also. That's how I picked up the
carpet for my garage. What do you think?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2..._DIS0001-1.jpg

That's appropriate for a great bike or two!

The bicycle in the back is sized for WAFA. Have you two been riding
together?

That seat's not nearly wide enough for WAFL.

That rug might be worth some serious cash. Take it to a oriental rug
dealer and get it appraised.

Powering pda on board MP Electronics 3 June 3rd 05 05:10 AM
Powering a boat with AC and DC (was) WTB: Marine Inverter Skip Gundlach Boat Building 36 April 10th 05 11:00 PM
powering a boat sel1 Boat Building 2 December 10th 04 04:19 AM
B & M Pontoon seat ct General 0 July 6th 04 02:18 AM
New Pontoon Mke Graham General 0 August 13th 03 12:00 PM