Default actual boating post.

Took the boat out of San Leandro Marina yesterday. Nice marina, free launch
and free washdown water. Looking at a day of California Halibut fishing.
very calm in the morning. Ran across the bay to Oyster Point at 37 mph. (32
knots) . Trolled Popsicles for nada. Not even a scratch. Live bait
receivers are too far away to run over for live bait. Another boat hails me
for a jumpstart. They have 7 halibut for 3 on live bait. Asked if I wanted
one and figuring I am out of luck today, take a barely legal 22+" 3.5# fish.
They tell me where they got the live bait and I go over to the South San
Francisco Sewage plant outfall and Sabiki up a few and go back to the
halibut grounds. Must have dropped the first bait right in front of a nice
halibut. 14' of water and about 4' from the top, the rod loads up. Finally
land a nice 8# halibut. Other than one Smoothhound shark that thought it
was a tarpon with all the aerobatics, was the last fish caught. Tide was
changing and the bite was off. A nice 75 degree sunny day. All you real
boaters should get out there and boat.

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

Nice report.

--
http://tinyurl.com/4q88t6

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:29:06 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

[...]

I've never used Sabiki hooks. Any tips for deployment and storage?

DK DK is offline

wrote:

[...]

They are rather disposable. They can become a tangled mess right out of
the package.

wrote:

[...]

the package.- Hide quoted text -

Not if you keep them on a Sabiki rod.

http://allwatersfishing.com/product_...ducts_id=17718

http://www.plasticnavy.com/make-a-sabiki-rod.htm

wrote:

[...]

I wrap them on a tube when finished, but looking at the Cabelas Sabiki rod.
Local Sabiki rods are $70 + tax. Just jig them in a school of bait fish.
Swing them over the live bait tank and shake them in to the tank.

On Sep 28, 1:29*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
[...]

Sounds like you ran around quite a bit, too! Are the planes flying
into Oakland quite low over the marina?

wrote in message
[...]

Ran straight across the bay. Maybe 5 miles at that point. The planes are
about 3/4 mile out from shore when lining up with the Commercial runways.
The General Aviation runways are closer to shore. They are only a couple
hundred feet up when passing the marina entrance. There is a couple hundred
yard security zone around the airport.

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like you had a great time. I got the new box up and running so my
filters are back on line.. Sorry for the mess last week to all the real
boaters here... I am back

Boating post. Calif Bill General 0 August 28th 07 06:50 AM
A boating post. Bill McKee General 13 November 9th 05 06:23 PM
If you post non boating Florida Keyz General 15 June 28th 04 03:44 AM
An Actual Boating Post Drew Shuller General 1 April 28th 04 02:36 PM
Another on-topic boating post Harry Krause General 5 October 27th 03 08:23 PM