Bill McKee

Default A boating post.

While you yo-yo's were sitting here arguing who is a rectal fissure. They
do have medicine for that. I was out fishing and crabbing. Sport Dungeness
crab season opened Saturday, and I chickened out reading the marine report.
Neighbor went to drop his pots, and said, big long period swell, came back
in at 22 knts. No wind. So I went Yesterday, dropped the 5 pots in 110' of
water and went fishing. Got some nice rockfish, also know as Rockcod. Kept
a 10# lingcod, a couple of 5# Vermilions, and a large China Cod (there are
not real big , maybe 2#, but one of the best eating fish there are) And a
few larger Black rockfish, tossed back the smaller ones. Pulled the pots
and had 1 crab. I rerigged the pots this year, with new line and used a 2
point bridal to the pot. I think this is the problem, they land on end or
upside down, or are easier for the buoy to move. Came in a little sadder,
as I love crab eat'n. One of the other guys in the Coastside Fishing Club
said his sister and B-I-L and a friend were coming down and they were going
to pull some more of his pots that had been soaking overnight. I took the
others when they came in my boat as it is bigger and we pulled 2 pots for 38
legal crab. 22 legal in the first pot, only 1 undersize. All were
commercial size crab. Sport crabs have to 5.75" across the carapace and
commercial have to be 6.25". All males. Sport can keep either sex and
commercial can only take males. Limit is 10 per person, and the other boat
had enough in their pulled pot to fill out the limits for all. Came home
and cranked up the crab boiler / turkey fryer and boiled and steamed up the
crabs. Tonight friends are coming over for a fish and crab feast. Normal
crabbing partner is recovering from 3 stints installed a couple of weeks
ago, so is out of the crabpot hauling business for awhile.

jps

In article . net,
says...
[...]

Nice story. They're called stents.

jps
Eisboch

"jps" wrote in message
In article . net,
says...
[...]

Hey, the guy is trying.

Eisboch

Bill McKee

"jps" wrote in message
In article . net,
says...
[...]

I actually type that, but the spell checker changed it.

Bill McKee

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"jps" wrote in message
In article . net,
says...
[...]

Damn MS spell checker.

John H.

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:47:58 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

[...]

Way to go, Bill. Sounds like a fun time. Where are you located? I'm thinking of
resettling when my wife retires.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

Hypocrital Liberal
jps

In article . net,
says...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"jps" wrote in message
In article . net,
says...
[...]

I meant the part about "good story." I wish I had the time to get out.
My life revolves around work and kids and their activities. I've been
told it's a stage in life that'll be over before I know it. My fear is
that so will my life...

jps
Bill McKee

wrote:

[...]

In the land of expensive real estate. Pleasanton, Calif. But we save on
snow removal. About 40 miles from San Francisco.

John H.

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 07:20:54 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Sounds nice, but it's a little far from the grand kids. I'll probably stick with
the East Coast.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

Hypocrital Liberal
Bill McKee

"John H." wrote in message
news
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 07:20:54 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

We are entering what we call winter, rainy season. Is about 60 today.

West Coast Boating Forum Lloyd Sumpter General 96 November 18th 05 07:07 PM
Boating Group ed General 10 November 8th 05 05:24 PM
boating in dallas, TX? Bob General 5 October 30th 05 01:11 PM
Some Wilma Hurricane Pics lifted from a Boating Forum *JimH* General 2 October 29th 05 01:27 AM
Martha goes boating Don White General 9 October 10th 05 07:09 PM