Default Boating post.

Went up to Colusa on the Sacramento River yesterday to do a river run with
some other jetboats. Nice warm day on the river, but water was only 65
degrees. The others were camping overnight on an island, while I just drove
up for the day. We ran 20 miles upriver to Princeton and then a return
run. Lots of trees sunk in the river and had to be careful of the rootballs
and trunks, but most made a riffle on the water surface. We ran up river at
25-30 mph and no one ran aground. Stayed in the channel and depth was from
2-10' and the sand bars were making defining marks in the river due to the
3-5 knot current. Did a little fishing later, with no salmon caught. Did
have a nice one of maybe 30# roll on the surface next to the boat. All in
all a nice day. About 55 miles in the boat, and I wonder how much fuel I
burned. Was near full when I arrived, and the guage said 1/2 when coming
back to the ramp. So about 30gallon burn. Not too bad for a highspeed
river run. Hope others got out in the boat.

A boating post. Bill McKee General 13 November 9th 05 06:23 PM
If you post non boating Florida Keyz General 15 June 28th 04 03:44 AM
An Actual Boating Post Drew Shuller General 1 April 28th 04 02:36 PM
Another on-topic boating post Harry Krause General 5 October 27th 03 08:23 PM