posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.impeach.bush,rec.boats

Default I'm voting republican because...

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:46:24 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:24:13 -0500, Jerry wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

Cheney and Quayle weren't in line behind a guy that is likely to be
undergoing chemo during the first few month's after an election. Palin
is.

Good, then we get to watch her on TV for the next eight years, instead of
some liberal boner shrinker.

Do you really look forward to putting the United States in the hands of a
housewife without foreign exposure? Sarah Palin who began her campaign
with lies and misrepresentations, someone without a shred of strategic or
tactical experience, speaks no other languages, no military experience,
and wants to burn library books based upon her religion?

Are you really postulating that Sarah Palin, who thinks God commanded the
Iraq and Afghanistani wars, is qualified to run America in its current
condition?

Or are you a pacifist troll trying to tweak noses?

--
Regards, Curly

She is the Veep. What foreign experience does Obama have? Not a lot from
his few days he has showed up in the Senate. Being the most liberal
legislator is enough to give the shivers to anybody who works for a living.
How much of your wages are you going to contribute to his social programs?
How much do you want to mortgage your children and grandchildrens earnings?

Widdle Curly lives in his moms basement, alone and amid trash and
empty pizza boxes. He wont pay a dime for the Obamassiah's New and
Improved! Great Society.

On the other hand...he will happily spend every cent you own to pay
for it. Along with enslaving your children and grand children.

posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.impeach.bush,rec.boats

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

----
I Love Republicans, They Taste Just Like Chickenhawks

She is the Veep. What foreign experience does Obama have? Not a lot from
his few days he has showed up in the Senate. Being the most liberal
legislator is enough to give the shivers to anybody who works for a

living.
How much of your wages are you going to contribute to his social programs?
How much do you want to mortgage your children and grandchildrens

earnings?

You are repeating falsehoods when you accuse Obama of being the most
liberal, and this puts your credibility in question. It is clear you have
been sucking up the propaganda, so don't even give us this speculative crap
that no one can predict.

posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.impeach.bush,rec.boats

On Sep 15, 12:38*am, Curly Surmudgeon
wrote:
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:24:13 -0500, Jerry wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

Cheney and Quayle weren't in line behind a guy that is likely to be
undergoing chemo during the first few month's after an election. Palin
is.

Good, then we get to watch her on TV for the next eight years, instead of
some liberal boner shrinker.

Do you really look forward to putting the United States in the hands of a
housewife without foreign exposure? *

Better than putting it in the hands of a foreigner.

Sarah Palin who began her campaign
with lies and misrepresentations,

There you go again with the "liar, liar, pants on fire" nonsense
again.

someone without a shred of strategic or
tactical experience, speaks no other languages, no military experience,
and wants to burn library books based upon her religion?

You've described Obama.

Are you really postulating that Sarah Palin, who thinks God commanded the
Iraq and Afghanistani wars, is qualified to run America in its current
condition?

You do like to make up lies, don't you?

Or are you a pacifist troll trying to tweak noses?

Did Obama serve? He has no "tactical" experience. He has no
"strategic" experience. He has no foreign experience.

Is he a pacifist?

On Sep 15, 1:13*am, Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
[...]

No, she's not.

She will be.

What foreign experience does Obama have?

Irrelevant in the Sara Palin context. *

You demand foreign experience in a VP, but not in the President?
You're an idiot.

Of all the highly qualified people
McCain could have had for the position he chose a right-wing wacko who
thinks God commanded these wars, that library material must be censored,
and that the earth was created 4,000 years ago.

He did? Who might that be? Cites?

That is a very bad choice for John McCain and unacceptable for America.

What do you know of America? You speak ESL and live in Argentina.
Some American you are.

Not a lot from his few days he has showed up in the Senate. *Being the
most liberal legislator is enough to give the shivers to anybody who
works for a living.

Do not expect me to defend Barak Obama, ask someone who will vote for him..

By voting for a third party, you get Obama.

How much of your wages are you going to contribute to his social
programs?

None, but that, too, is irrelevant to the qualifications, or lack of, of
Sarah Palin.

So you have no wages taxable by the USA? Are you sure you're an
American?

How much do you want to mortgage your children and grandchildrens
earnings?

That implies that Obama/Biden are worse than McCain/Palin. *I will get
into that useless, futile, arguement. *Instead I will vote for a good
candidate not a pawn of others.

--
Regards, Curly

You've got it all figured out and will vote for Obama via a
surrogate. You're one smart feller.

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 03:47:47 -0700, hot-ham-and-cheese wrote:

On Sep 15, 1:13Â*am, Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:46:24 -0700, Calif Bill wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:24:13 -0500, Jerry wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message

Cheney and Quayle weren't in line behind a guy that is likely to be
undergoing chemo during the first few month's after an election.
Palin is.

Good, then we get to watch her on TV for the next eight years,
instead of some liberal boner shrinker.

Do you really look forward to putting the United States in the hands
of a housewife without foreign exposure? Â*Sarah Palin who began her
campaign with lies and misrepresentations, someone without a shred of
strategic or tactical experience, speaks no other languages, no
military experience, and wants to burn library books based upon her
religion?

Are you really postulating that Sarah Palin, who thinks God commanded
the Iraq and Afghanistani wars, is qualified to run America in its
current condition?

Or are you a pacifist troll trying to tweak noses?

--
Regards, Curly
UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

She is the Veep.

No, she's not.

She will be.

What foreign experience does Obama have?

Irrelevant in the Sara Palin context. Â*

You demand foreign experience in a VP,

Precisely.

but not in the President? You're an idiot.

Work on your reading comprehension.

Of all the highly qualified people
McCain could have had for the position he chose a right-wing wacko who
thinks God commanded these wars, that library material must be censored,
and that the earth was created 4,000 years ago.

He did? Who might that be? Cites?

Ron Paul.

That is a very bad choice for John McCain and unacceptable for America.

What do you know of America? You speak ESL and live in Argentina. Some
American you are.

You, who support Bush, are in no position to judge.

Not a lot from his few days he has showed up in the Senate. Â*Being
the most liberal legislator is enough to give the shivers to anybody
who works for a living.

Do not expect me to defend Barak Obama, ask someone who will vote for
him.

By voting for a third party, you get Obama.

You just said that Sarah Palin will be the next VP, which is it?

How much of your wages are you going to contribute to his social
programs?

None, but that, too, is irrelevant to the qualifications, or lack of,
of Sarah Palin.

So you have no wages taxable by the USA? Are you sure you're an
American?

I'm a true patriot, not a loyalist.

How much do you want to mortgage your children and grandchildrens
earnings?

That implies that Obama/Biden are worse than McCain/Palin. Â*I will get
into that useless, futile, arguement. Â*Instead I will vote for a good
candidate not a pawn of others.

--
Regards, Curly

You've got it all figured out and will vote for Obama via a surrogate.

And you're a loyalist voting for the status quo. You've sold your vote in
a decidedly un-American manner thwarting the concept of the electoral
system.

You're one smart feller.

Thank you.

--
Regards, Curly

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:14:59 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

Widdle Curly lives in his moms basement, alone and amid trash and empty
pizza boxes. He wont pay a dime for the Obamassiah's New and Improved!
Great Society.

On the other hand...he will happily spend every cent you own to pay for
it. Along with enslaving your children and grand children.

Liar. YOu've claimed, five times, to have plonked me.

--
Regards, Curly

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 03:41:14 -0700, hot-ham-and-cheese wrote:

Do you really look forward to putting the United States in the hands of
a housewife without foreign exposure? *

Better than putting it in the hands of a foreigner.

Another lie, irrelevant, and the old "lesser of two evils" argument that
got us in this mess to begin with.

--
Regards, Curly

posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.impeach.bush,rec.boats

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:29:29 -0700, "Roy Blankenship"
wrote:

She is the Veep. What foreign experience does Obama have? Not a lot from
his few days he has showed up in the Senate. Being the most liberal
legislator is enough to give the shivers to anybody who works for a

living.
How much of your wages are you going to contribute to his social programs?
How much do you want to mortgage your children and grandchildrens

earnings?

You are repeating falsehoods when you accuse Obama of being the most
liberal, and this puts your credibility in question. It is clear you have
been sucking up the propaganda, so don't even give us this speculative crap
that no one can predict.

Tsk tsk tsk....you leftwing koolaid drinkers fascinate me. So quick
to toss about the accusations of lying..when you yourself are liars.
Its likely you are trying to cover up your own dishonesty..and make
your Obamassiah look palitable.

Sorry...didnt work....

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/

Obama: Most Liberal Senator In 2007

Campaigns Tracker 2008
By Brian Friel, Richard E. Cohen and Kirk Victor, National Journal
© National Journal Group Inc.
Thursday, Jan. 31, 2008

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was the most liberal senator in 2007,
according to National Journal's 27th annual vote ratings. The
insurgent presidential candidate shifted further to the left last year
in the run-up to the primaries, after ranking as the 16th- and
10th-most-liberal during his first two years in the Senate.

This of course is based on the 143 actual days he bothered to show up
and vote.

Joe Biden btw...turned in a score to put him in #3 most liberal
senator.

Now was there anything else you care to expose yourself to ridicule
over?

Gunner

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich

wrote:

She is the Veep. What foreign experience does Obama have? Not a
lot from his few days he has showed up in the Senate. Being the
most liberal legislator is enough to give the shivers to anybody
who works for a living. How much of your wages are you going to
contribute to his social programs? How much do you want to mortgage
your children and grandchildrens earnings?

You are repeating falsehoods when you accuse Obama of being the most
liberal, and this puts your credibility in question. It is clear you
have been sucking up the propaganda, so don't even give us this
speculative crap that no one can predict.

Tsk tsk tsk....you leftwing koolaid drinkers fascinate me. So quick
to toss about the accusations of lying..when you yourself are liars.

http://www.alternet.org/story/98502/?page=entire

McCain and Palin's Top 20 Lies, Myths and Flip-Flops
By Isaac Fitzgerald and Tana Ganeva, AlterNet
Posted on September 12, 2008, Printed on September 13, 2008
http://www.alternet.org/story/98502/
The corporate media won't say it and the Obama campaign isn't saying it
enough, so we're saying it loud and clear: John McCain is a liar. And so is
the woman he now shares the Republican ticket with. Yes, Sarah Palin is a
liar, too. Together they are responsible for one of the most inaccurate and
misleading presidential campaigns, in a business known for inaccuracy and
misdirection. But even by the standards of American politics, the
McCain-Palin ticket seems to be in a race with itself to set new standards
of low.

This isn't opinion, this is fact. Time and time again, on the campaign
trail, in press briefings and in interviews, McCain and Palin flip-flop on
the issues, propagate myths they know to be false, and flat-out lie to the
American people.

Unlike the McCain campaign, we have to back up our assertions, so here is a
quick, short and cited list of the top 20 lies, myths and flip-flops that
have come from the McCain/ Palin ticket so far.

1. The Myth: McCain and Palin claim to be agents of change.

The Truth: In a desperate attempt to revive McCain's "maverick" reputation,
the McCain campaign is trying to co-opt Obama's slogan. But "change" is a
tough act to pull off when your record almost exactly matches the current
president's. According to a study cited by the Huffington Post, John McCain
voted in keeping with the president's positions 100 percent of the time in
2008 and 95 percent in 2007.

2. The Lie: To burnish Palin's rep as a down-to-earth, no-nonsense fighter
of government waste, the campaign keeps bringing up the state-owned jet
Palin put on eBay. Today McCain stated: "You know what I enjoyed the most?
She took the luxury jet that was acquired by her predecessor and sold it on
eBay -- made a profit."

The Truth: As Politico points out, Palin did put the Alaska-owned plane on
eBay. But she failed to sell it. Instead, the state had to go through a
private broker to unload the jet and ended up losing money in the
transaction. Or, the opposite of profit.

3. Flip-Flop: Offshore Drilling.

Original Position: In 1999, McCain made conservatives very unhappy by
supporting a moratorium on offshore drilling.

Politically Expedient Position: McCain can't afford to make conservatives
unhappy anymore; his campaign now depends on the rapturous love of a
conservative base that is still suspicious of him from when he used to take
intelligent positions. So he switched his position on offshore drilling. As
Dana Milbank at the Washington Post writes, McCain recently argued that
"those very same 'moratoria should be lifted' and proposed incentives for
the states 'in the form of tangible financial rewards, if the states decide
to lift those moratoriums.'"

4. The Lie: McCain and Palin have said up to 29 times and counting that
Palin told Congress "'thanks but no thanks' on that Bridge to Nowhere."

The Truth: Palin strongly supported the Bridge to Nowhere and campaigned on
the issue while running for governor of Alaska in 2006. It should also be
noted that she never actually got the chance to tell Congress "no thanks,"
as Congress killed off the project, choosing instead to give a lump sum for
all of Alaska's transportation projects, money that Palin gladly accepted.

5. The Lie: McCain keeps repeating, over and over and over again, that
Obama's tax proposals will hurt the middle class.

The Truth: Obama's tax policy cuts taxes for people in the middle-income
brackets, while his plan would increase taxes only for those with a family
income above $250,000 and individuals who make more than $200,000. Not
exactly the middle class.

6. The Lie: McCain falsely claims he received every award from every
veterans organization.

The Truth: Despite saying it again and again, McCain is flat-out lying when
he claims to have received the highest award from every veterans
organization. As Think Progress reports:

He received a grade of D from the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
and a 20 percent vote rating from the Disabled Veterans of America; Vietnam
Veterans of America noted McCain had "voted against us" in 15 "key votes."

As for the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars -- with whom
McCain claims to have a "perfect voting record" -- both groups vigorously
supported Sen. Jim Webb's (D-Va.) GI Bill that McCain tirelessly opposed.

Given McCain's grades at the Naval Academy, maybe he thinks 20 percent
approval is actually really good.

7. Flip-Flop: Immigration Reform.

Original Position: McCain was once a proponent of an immigration plan that
would combine securing the borders with a temporary worker program and a
path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

Politically Expedient Position: With his poll numbers dipping and under
attack from Republican opponents during the primaries, McCain switched his
position on immigration. As the AP reports, instead of supporting broad
immigration reform, McCain's first and foremost priority now is to secure
the borders. All that other, less important stuff, could come ... whenever.
Stated McCain: "I got the message. ... We will secure the borders first and
then go on to other issues."

8. The Lie: An attack ad (ironically called "Fact Check") by the McCain
campaign claimed that Factcheck.org, a nonpartisan election-accuracy
watchdog, accused Obama of spreading misleading information about Sarah
Palin.

The Truth: Factcheck.org did not attribute Internet rumors about Palin to
the Obama campaign. The organization was in fact debunking information about
Palin spread online though anonymous e-mails and Web posts.

9. The Lie: The very same attack ad seems to purposefully misquote an
article in the Wall Street Journal. The ad states that the Obama campaign
sent a team to Alaska to "dig dirt on Governor Palin."

The Truth: The article actually stated they were sent to "dig into her
record and background." Also, as it turns out, the article was wrong to
begin with. Obama did not send a team to Alaska to dig into anything. What
are the chances McCain will pull the ad and apologize?

10. The Lie: An attack ad by the McCain campaign says Obama is "against
troop funding."

The Truth: According to Factcheck.org, Obama has only voted against one
war-funding bill, "after Bush vetoed a version that contained a date for
withdrawal from Iraq."

11. The Myth: McCain echoed his wife's dubious claim that Alaska's proximity
to Russia makes Palin qualified to tackle the complex foreign policy issues
facing the next administration. When asked if Palin is up to the challenge
of dealing with "an insurgent Russia," McCain responded, "... Alaska is
right next to Russia. She understands that."

The Truth: As Steve Benen, writing for CBS News, points out:

Palin has never been to Russia. She's never demonstrated any expertise on
U.S. policy toward Russia. She doesn't have any background in international
relations at any level. But for Republicans, the fact that she's lived in a
state near Russia is somehow a qualification for national office. ... It's
the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

12. The Lie: A McCain Web ad affixed the clever moniker "Dr. No" to Obama,
claiming Obama says "no" to energy "innovation" and to "the electric car."

The Truth: In fact, according to Factcheck.org, "Obama proposed a $150
billion program of research into a wide variety of clean-energy technologies
last year." Also, Obama is not against the electric car. He's against
McCain's ridiculous plan to award a $300 million prize to the person who
fixes a glitch in electric car battery technology.

13. The Lie: McCain says that Obama wants kids to learn "about sex before
learning how to read."

The Truth: McCain's attack ad "Education," in which he blatantly lies to try
to make it look like Obama wants to educate kindergartners about sex, cites
a bill that was a piece of legislation in the Illinois state senate. The
bill was meant to add disease prevention to already standard Illinois
state-approved sex-ed classes. That means, in cases of education in
kindergarten, nothing more than child predator prevention. For McCain to
exploit a bill that protects small children from deviant criminals in our
society is disgusting.

14. The Lie: McCain claims Obama doesn't think Iran is a threat.

The Truth: In a misleading attack ad titled "Tiny," meant to make Obama look
naive about foreign policy, McCain took an Obama quote out of context to
make it look like he thinks Iran is a "tiny" threat. The ad does not note
that Obama said Iran is "tiny" when compared to the threat that the Soviet
Union once posed to the United States. Which, you know, when you think about
all those nuclear warheads and that giant army, it is.

15. Flip-Flop: Windfall profits tax.

Original Position: McCain has said he would look into a windfall profits
tax, a smart thing to do when gas prices are through the roof and oil
companies are reporting record profits. While speaking in North Carolina on
the campaign trail, McCain said:

I'd be glad to look not just at the windfall profits tax -- that's not
what bothers me -- but we should look at any incentives that we are giving
to people, that or industries or corporations that are distorting the
market.

Politically Expedient Position: Of course, McCain was singing a different
tune while talking with oil industry insiders in Texas, where he made fun of
Obama's support of windfall profit taxes:

He wants a windfall profits tax on oil, to go along with the new taxes he
also plans for coal and natural gas. If the plan sounds familiar, it's
because that was President Jimmy Carter's big idea too -- and a lot of good
it did us.

So which is the senator for? A tax that will help the people, or a favor for
your buddies in big oil? We may never know.

16. The Lie: CBS's Katie Couric thinks Obama is using sexism against Palin.

The Truth: A misleading attack ad released by the McCain campaign titled
"Lipstick" ends with CBS's Katie Couric saying: "One of the great lessons of
that campaign is the continued and accepted role of sexism in American
life." The ad implies that Couric is talking about the Obama campaign's
treatment of Palin, but in reality the quote is from before Palin joined the
McCain ticket; Couric was talking about Hillary Clinton. CBS was so upset
over the dishonest way that Couric's quote was used that it forced the
McCain campaign to take the ad down.

17. The Lie: McCain proposes that Obama is the cause of rising gas prices.

The Truth: This one is just absurd. There is no way that Obama is in any way
responsible for rising gas prices, as McCain proposed in his attack ad,
"Pump." In fact, McCain himself has said that the energy problems we face
today were "thirty years in the making."

18. The Lie: Obama snubbed wounded troops in Germany because the press
couldn't come with him.

The Truth: Andrea Mitchell of NBC, who was part of the press corps that
toured with Obama, reacted when McCain's attack ad came out by saying: "That
literally is not true. ... The point is that Obama had no intention of
bringing any cameras with him -- I was there, I can vouch for that." Obama's
reason for not making the visit: He was worried that it would be
politicized. Before arriving in Germany, Obama had visited wounded troops
while in Baghdad, without any press.

19. The Myth: McCain argues that Palin is a historic feminist pick.

The Truth: A woman has already been nominated to be a vice presidential
candidate. The Democrats beat the republicans to the punch 24 years ago with
Geraldine Ferraro.

That is much less important than the fact that Palin isn't a feminist pick
at all. You can't be against so many feminist causes and be a pro-feminist
pick. Now, capitulation for the far Right, that's probably closer to the
truth.

20. Flip-Flop: Super POW John McCain Changes His Tune on Torture.

Original Position: McCain's original stance on waterboarding, straight up:
"It is torture."

Politically Expedient Position: But when push came to shove, he voted
against a bill that would have set an interrogation standard forbidding
waterboarding no matter what. Sometimes even an ex-POW has to look tough.
Luckily, the bill still passed. Unluckily, McCain's good buddy George W.
Bush vetoed it.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.impeach.bush,rec.boats

"Roy Blankenship" wrote in message
m...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Explain who is more liberal. He may not really be the most liberal. Spent
so little time in the Senate and never introduced any bills, he just voted
the liberal line. So I may be wrong. But his background and choice of
friends, is extremely leftist. He has proposed huge increase in Government
and government spending. My kids and grandchildren can not afford more debt
being passed on to them.