HK HK is offline

Default Politics or Entertainment?

wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 19:14:49 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 07:50:38 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Bring on the one on one debates. This media circus is getting old.

Allow me to put a couple of thoughts down about the media circus.

1 - Take a look at the past weeks worth of headers posted by Harry.
Take a look at the past weeks headlines from the MSM. Tell me what
you see. Cast yourself in the role of an objective citizen and
evaluate what, if any, points are being made about Governor Palin.
She's everything that liberals promote as being "liberated" including,
oddly, having actually made a choice with respect to aborting or not
aborting a baby.

The problem is, she is in favor of taking away a choice in that matter
for everyone else. She wants the law to force them all to make HER
choice.

They couldn't flat out say "she was wrong not to
abort a defective baby" (although a lot of diarists/commentators on
DailyKOS and Democratic Underground did make that point) so they had
to sidle up to it from different directions up to and including the
most despicable thing I've ever seen in politics - attacking a 17 year
old daughter of a candidate for office.

Having a baby at her age was just plain ASKING for trouble. She should
not have gotten pregnant. Abstinence!

But...she practiced abstinence!!!

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 19:14:49 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

The only comment I received in return was from thunder who thought her
kids names were funny/odd.

You know I was kidding about the names. Your mention of Palin was the
first I had heard of her. I really didn't think she would be McCain's
choice.

wrote:

[...]

Well that certainly would have been a better plan than Harry's cavalier
suggestion to kill an unborn baby.

She's also dead set against sex education that would inform teens of
ways to prevent pregnancy and STD's. That education would go a long
way towards achieving what should be everyone's goal - as few
abortions or unwanted babies as possible. I guess hat many would
rather cavalierly rail against abortion than actual do something to
reduce the need for it.

I don't know anybody on eiother side of the issue that thinks abortion
is wonderful. Teaching prevention is a VIABLE solution that would
improve the situation in a real and tangible way. Extremist "all or
nothing" attitudes don't help anything or prevent any abortions. In
fact, they often increase the numbers of abortions.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

[...]

If you are a simple-minded "religious" rightie, as many are, you believe
knowledge is evil. This is especially true with matters sexual. The
righties feel that if they keep sexual knowledge secret, their children
won't discover their various pieces and parts, won't have the urges that
are perfectly normal in puberty and won't know what to do about those
urges. But if they discover their sexuality and experiment, and get a
disease or get pregnant, why that is punishment for sexual behavior and
of course abortion is out of the picture because without a baby, there's
no reminder of the "bad" behavior.

Sadly, the odds of a successful marriage are against the Palin daughter
and the brain-dead boyfriend they obviously are forcing into a shotgun
wedding. This catastrophe is entirely the fault of the girl's parents,
who figured if they kept everyone's head in the sand, their daughter
would be a virgin when she eventually married.

On Sep 6, 5:38 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:05:35 -0500, wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 19:14:49 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

The only comment I received in return was from thunder who thought her
kids names were funny/odd.

You know I was kidding about the names. Your mention of Palin was the
first I had heard of her. I really didn't think she would be McCain's
choice.

Oh absoutely - and I didn't mean to offend you, but it does make my
case about Governor Palin and the complete and total surprize.

How would Dims know if knowledge is evil, they have none.
Senior Member

wrote:

[...]

would be a virgin when she eventually married.- Hide quoted text -

What a bunch of total ****.. you don't know anyting, and lie about it
anyway....
DK DK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Frankly, from her performance and from her "rep," my conclusion about her
is that she is little more than a snarly bitch.

Maybe. But, you have to admit, she's a good looking snarly bitch.
Lots more fun than watching Biden sneer.

Eisboch

Did you catch the Biden "point and shoot"? That was pretty sad stuff.
DK DK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

My wife tells me that Biden is a "hottie." I don't find Ms. Palin even
slightly physically attractive, and that accent she has...what the hell is
that all about?

Your eye surgery was a failure.

Eisboch

The writer also referred to a regional dialect as a (foreign) accent. WAFA.