Scott Vernon

Default more VHF entertainment

About 1430, a powerboater (obviously) calls Towboat, says '' I think we're
stuck in the mud''. Where he was is a nice sandy bottom that the PBers
anchor close in to go swimming. Also, low tide was at 1440., high at 1930.
He probably could have anchored and went for a swim while his boat floated
off. But . he had ''full towing coverage''.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

Scout

probably had to hit the dock for a 10-100.
Once, while anchored in the cove at southernmost LBI, CBS anchor and voice
of the NFL John Facenda waddled over to my Dad and asked him if he had "a
toilet on that boat?" Dad said yes and John did us the honor of stinking up
our cabin, may he rest in peace.
Scout

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
About 1430, a powerboater (obviously) calls Towboat, says '' I think

we're
stuck in the mud''. Where he was is a nice sandy bottom that the PBers
anchor close in to go swimming. Also, low tide was at 1440., high at

1930.
He probably could have anchored and went for a swim while his boat floated
off. But . he had ''full towing coverage''.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

John Cairns

That's nothing. I went down to the marina yesterday to pay my slip fee and
figure out where the slip was and there was a big ass(35?) powerboat stuck
in the mud about twenty feet off the fishing deck that's at the marina
entrance. The marina entrance is CLEARLY marked, he was at least 50' or so
north of the buoys. Hell, you can tell the water's shallow just by looking,
he wasn't from the area, but that's really not much of an excuse. Worse yet,
he didn't have any kind of towing, THEY WERE USING A TOW TRUCK TO TRY AND
GET HIM OUT! If he's still there today I'll take some pics, I was down there
yesterday snapping away when I got home I noticed I didn't have a card in my
camera! !@#!$!%@$#!!!!
John Cairns
"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
About 1430, a powerboater (obviously) calls Towboat, says '' I think

we're
stuck in the mud''. Where he was is a nice sandy bottom that the PBers
anchor close in to go swimming. Also, low tide was at 1440., high at

1930.
He probably could have anchored and went for a swim while his boat floated
off. But . he had ''full towing coverage''.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

John Cairns

Yeah, might have been able to sell it to Boat/US magazine, would have made a
good advertising background for one of their TowBoat/US ads. I was just back
down there, they managed to get it out into deeper water but it's anchored,
guy probably trashed his drives.
John Cairns