Default Politics or Entertainment?

Like many others, I watched Sarah Palin's introduction and speech given at
the RNC. And, like many others I was surprised and impressed with the
fresh face, style and apparent commitment of the surprise VP candidate's
positions.

But now, as the dust settles and the novelty starts to wear off, I am having
second thoughts.

Forget the troopergate stuff .... and the other potentially damaging
accusations of her record.

What is bugging me is the fact that her speech was written by a writer
working for Bush's administration.
Delivered well, obviously, but apparently not her original thoughts.

Then, the next day, at a rally in Wisconsin with McCain, she basically
repeated the same attention getting lines contained in the RNC speech.
Nothing new. Nothing original.

The crowd still cheered and howled as she delivered the quips written for
her, as if they were hearing them for the first time.
But then, McCain addressed the crowd and asked if they had seen her speak at
the RNC. The place erupted with another round of applause and cheers.

What the hell? They already heard it the first time, plus probably a
gazillion times more as the news media played and replayed the highlights.
Yet, they still react as if it was fresh material.

Obama's campaign does the same thing of course. Canned, packaged talking
points.

Bring on the one on one debates. This media circus is getting old.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Can you imagine the media having to listen to the same speech numerous
times a day? No wonder they are so jaded.

But there is nothing new about repeating the same speech, it has been
going on ever since candidates starting hitting "the stump".
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

What's even worse is that so many of the claims made on Palin's behalf
are turning out to be absolute bullschitt.

Interestingly, apparently Palin is *not* going to be available for major
market press conferences for a while. Certainly, a few days off after
the convention is appropriate and she does want to spend time with her
son before he ships out, but that is not really why she is being kept
away from top-drawer reporters. It is because, well, she isn't "ready"
for prime time, as it were.

Any smart adult who is used to public speaking should be able to deliver
a professionally written speech properly. Palin obviously is a bright
woman who knows how to speak. But it takes a bit more than that to be a
heartbeat away from the Oval Office, and I haven't seen one bit of
evidence that tells me she'd know what to do when McCain falls over and
dies.

Frankly, from her performance and from her "rep," my conclusion about
her is that she is little more than a snarly bitch.

Now, I understand the GOP is "interfering" with the troopergate
investigation in Alaska. That doesn't surprise me.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Frankly, from her performance and from her "rep," my conclusion about her
is that she is little more than a snarly bitch.

Maybe. But, you have to admit, she's a good looking snarly bitch.
Lots more fun than watching Biden sneer.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Frankly, from her performance and from her "rep," my conclusion about her
is that she is little more than a snarly bitch.

Maybe. But, you have to admit, she's a good looking snarly bitch.
Lots more fun than watching Biden sneer.

Eisboch

My wife tells me that Biden is a "hottie." I don't find Ms. Palin even
slightly physically attractive, and that accent she has...what the hell
is that all about?

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

My wife tells me that Biden is a "hottie." I don't find Ms. Palin even
slightly physically attractive, and that accent she has...what the hell is
that all about?

Your eye surgery was a failure.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Frankly, from her performance and from her "rep," my conclusion about her
is that she is little more than a snarly bitch.

Maybe. But, you have to admit, she's a good looking snarly bitch.
Lots more fun than watching Biden sneer.

Eisboch

Geeze! Harry seems upset about something. I bet he has a sinking
feeling. I wonder if he could say some nice things about Barry instead
of snarking on Ms. Palin.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

My wife tells me that Biden is a "hottie." I don't find Ms. Palin even
slightly physically attractive, and that accent she has...what the hell is
that all about?

Your eye surgery was a failure.

Eisboch

Sorry...I simply don't find Palin attractive, and it isn't because of
her politics. She looks short and dumpy to me, she has no sense of
style, she has a lousy hairdo, and those glasses...jesus.

There are plenty of women of Palin's approximate "vintage" and older I
find attractive. My wife, for starters, and a whole range of movie
stars, such as Salma Hayek, Catherine Deneuve, Halle Berry, Jennifer
Anniston, et cetera.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

Way too much time on their hands. Your system drags all the crap out way
too long.
Tomorrow, our Prime Minister will call a federal election and it will be all
over on Oct 14.
5 weeks is plenty to listen to the lies and bull****.

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

My wife tells me that Biden is a "hottie." I don't find Ms. Palin even
slightly physically attractive, and that accent she has...what the hell is
that all about?

Your eye surgery was a failure.

Eisboch

After looking at krause for a few years Mrs Krause would think you or I
were Hotties.
Harry likes to ogle those Costa Rican Hoochie Coochie girls. I'll be
damned if I want one of those chickies as the Vice President of the
United States.