Default BTW, did you know Obama was Black?

On Sep 6, 4:54 pm, wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:18:14 -0400, BAR wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

To me people are people. I don't classify them by their skin color and
it has been proved that blood is blood regardless of the skin color of
the body the blood came from.

I wasn't being accusatory. I was just stating, historically, if you had
one drop of black blood, you were considered black. The remnants of Jim
Crow is still alive and well in this country.

"Thinking people" and Democrats are mutually exclusive.

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:54:51 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:18:14 -0400, BAR wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

To me people are people. I don't classify them by their skin color and
it has been proved that blood is blood regardless of the skin color of
the body the blood came from.

I wasn't being accusatory. I was just stating, historically, if you had
one drop of black blood, you were considered black. The remnants of Jim
Crow is still alive and well in this country.

With advances in DNA testing, a lot of people are getting a big
surprise. An awful lot of white people whose families have been in the
US for many generations are finding out they have blood relatives who
are decidedly not caucasian.

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:54:51 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:18:14 -0400, BAR wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

To me people are people. I don't classify them by their skin color and
it has been proved that blood is blood regardless of the skin color of
the body the blood came from.

I wasn't being accusatory. I was just stating, historically, if you had
one drop of black blood, you were considered black. The remnants of Jim
Crow is still alive and well in this country.

There were the East Texas rednecks who dragged a black man to death
behind a truck. I was horrified to learn that it has been ten years
and the perp is still on death row. They haven't killed him yet. If
ever there was a poster boy for the death penalty, that guy is it. Jim
crow.

Casady
HK HK is offline

Richard Casady wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:54:51 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:18:14 -0400, BAR wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule
To me people are people. I don't classify them by their skin color and
it has been proved that blood is blood regardless of the skin color of
the body the blood came from.

I wasn't being accusatory. I was just stating, historically, if you had
one drop of black blood, you were considered black. The remnants of Jim
Crow is still alive and well in this country.

There were the East Texas rednecks who dragged a black man to death
behind a truck. I was horrified to learn that it has been ten years
and the perp is still on death row. They haven't killed him yet. If
ever there was a poster boy for the death penalty, that guy is it. Jim
crow.

Casady

Southern strategy Republicans.

wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:18:14 -0400, BAR wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

To me people are people. I don't classify them by their skin color and
it has been proved that blood is blood regardless of the skin color of
the body the blood came from.

I wasn't being accusatory. I was just stating, historically, if you had
one drop of black blood, you were considered black. The remnants of Jim
Crow is still alive and well in this country.

There were the East Texas rednecks who dragged a black man to death
behind a truck. I was horrified to learn that it has been ten years
and the perp is still on death row. They haven't killed him yet. If
ever there was a poster boy for the death penalty, that guy is it. Jim
crow.

Casady

According to Aitch Kaye, he should be allowed to live and mingle. Perhaps
he just needed a good sound 'negotiation'.

"DK" wrote in message
BAR wrote:
wrote:
Its amazing, he just said so today that he doesnt look like other Pres
candidates. How could we have missed it.

He's half black and half white. How can he claim exclusive identity with
just one race?

Tiger woods is more asian than black.

An then there's Halle Berry's famous "women of color" speech at the
Oscars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llgL7mGYVTI

Interesting how it only becomes and issue when they *need* it to be an
issue.

"they"??
You're gonna be in for a world of hurt when "they" have one of their own as
president and when "they" outnumber white folk in the US.
(projected by 2012 re Montel Williams)
Time to start sharing that big income you brag about.

wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:18:14 -0400, BAR wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule
To me people are people. I don't classify them by their skin color and
it has been proved that blood is blood regardless of the skin color of
the body the blood came from.

I wasn't being accusatory. I was just stating, historically, if you had
one drop of black blood, you were considered black. The remnants of Jim
Crow is still alive and well in this country.

Why did you bring it up?

If I remember correctly, and I think I do because the congressional
record will prove me correct, "Jim Crow" was a product of Southern
Democrats and it took Republicans to pass Civil Rights legislation back
in the '60's. Amazing that all of those Democrats from the South
couldn't be counted on by Johnson to put into law that people are people.
Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 5, 10:48*pm, wrote:
Its amazing, he just said so today that he doesnt look like other Pres
candidates. *How could we have missed it.

I thought he was white with a heavy tan.

?;^ Q
Tim Tim is offline

On Sep 6, 2:51*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 11:36:05 -0400, BAR wrote:
wrote:
Its amazing, he just said so today that he doesnt look like other Pres
candidates. *How could we have missed it.

He's half black and half white. How can he claim exclusive identity with
just one race?

Tiger woods is more asian than black.

Are you forgetting the "one drop rule"? Or just this country's racist
past?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

a drop of what?

Obama would not vet for VP Mike[_9_] ASA 0 August 13th 08 02:57 PM
Is Obama Black Enough? Mike[_9_] ASA 1 July 11th 08 12:09 AM
Obama at his best Mike[_9_] ASA 2 July 10th 08 11:40 PM
Black Lawmakers and Black Superdelegates accuss the Clinton's ofracism. Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] General 32 February 16th 08 03:36 PM