Default off topic?

I had Agent mark "all read" ten days ago, and since then 2000 off
topic, mostly presidential politics, posts have accumulated. Thats
just the garbage I sidestepped, not including the stuff I read, or at
least opened. There is a NG that bans politics, religion, and
acronyms. Everyone posts under their real name, most have been doing
it for years, some, including myself, for more than a decade. If there
was a downside to posting under your real name, I have seen no
evidence thereof. In ten years. Fake names, handles, are, with rare
exceptions, signs of malice. My initial reaction to a obviously fake
name is, **** you, you have nothing to say.

Casady

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 00:35:47 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

I had Agent mark "all read" ten days ago, and since then 2000 off
topic, mostly presidential politics, posts have accumulated. Thats
just the garbage I sidestepped, not including the stuff I read, or at
least opened. There is a NG that bans politics, religion, and
acronyms. Everyone posts under their real name, most have been doing
it for years, some, including myself, for more than a decade. If there
was a downside to posting under your real name, I have seen no
evidence thereof. In ten years. Fake names, handles, are, with rare
exceptions, signs of malice. My initial reaction to a obviously fake
name is, **** you, you have nothing to say.

Casady

It's a shame you feel that way. I've found some insightful, knowledgeable,
and interesting posts from folks using something other than their real
names. On the other hand, I've seen some real trashy, filthy **** from
folks using their real names or a version thereof.

We have one individual here, Harry Krause, who maintains a data base on
individuals. He loves to get real names, and then add addresses, phone
numbers, etc. He then likes to talk about your home, your neighborhood,
etc. Not nice. So, I can certainly understand a reluctance to give out
one's name.

How do you know a real name from a fake? What difference does it make if it
sounds real or doesn't?

Have you noticed that the people here who are pushing for 'real names' are
also the worst name-callers and the most offensive people in the group?

Casady) wrote:

[...]

I sure am glad I use my real name. I hope you don't mind if I don't
pick up the soap bar.
HK HK is offline

Richard Casady wrote:
I had Agent mark "all read" ten days ago, and since then 2000 off
topic, mostly presidential politics, posts have accumulated. Thats
just the garbage I sidestepped, not including the stuff I read, or at
least opened. There is a NG that bans politics, religion, and
acronyms. Everyone posts under their real name, most have been doing
it for years, some, including myself, for more than a decade. If there
was a downside to posting under your real name, I have seen no
evidence thereof. In ten years. Fake names, handles, are, with rare
exceptions, signs of malice. My initial reaction to a obviously fake
name is, **** you, you have nothing to say.

Casady

rec.boats is full of cowards like reggie.

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:44:58 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall,
Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "

Casady) wrote:

[...]

See? I tolja.

The real name users are the trashiest talkers around.

John H wrote:

Have you noticed that the people here who are pushing for 'real names' are
also the worst name-callers and the most offensive people in the group?

I sure am glad I use my real name. I hope you don't mind if I don't
pick up the soap bar.

See? I tolja.

The real name users are the trashiest talkers around.

I think he must be talking about this hk character. He sometimes goes
by the name HK, he really is the trashiest talk around, and would be
worth listening to if he used his real name, address and phone number.

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 07:39:29 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall,
wrote:

John H wrote:

Have you noticed that the people here who are pushing for 'real names' are
also the worst name-callers and the most offensive people in the group?
I sure am glad I use my real name. I hope you don't mind if I don't
pick up the soap bar.

See? I tolja.

The real name users are the trashiest talkers around.

I think he must be talking about this hk character. He sometimes goes
by the name HK, he really is the trashiest talk around, and would be
worth listening to if he used his real name, address and phone number.

'Aitch Kaye' ? It's almost real.

Did you guys get any water from Hanna? Or anyone else? I'm sitting here
waiting for Hanna to come roaring through and dump a bunch of water. This
was supposed to start last night. So far, nothing but drizzle.

wrote:

John H wrote:

Have you noticed that the people here who are pushing for 'real names' are
also the worst name-callers and the most offensive people in the group?
I sure am glad I use my real name. I hope you don't mind if I don't
pick up the soap bar.
See? I tolja.

The real name users are the trashiest talkers around.

I think he must be talking about this hk character. He sometimes goes
by the name HK, he really is the trashiest talk around, and would be
worth listening to if he used his real name, address and phone number.

'Aitch Kaye' ? It's almost real.

Did you guys get any water from Hanna? Or anyone else? I'm sitting here
waiting for Hanna to come roaring through and dump a bunch of water. This
was supposed to start last night. So far, nothing but drizzle.

Nothing from Hanna, but we have had a lot of rain this month. The lake
continues to go up. It is now even harder to see the shallow areas
because they are covered by 2 ft. of water. You really just need to
know the lake. Last week I saw a small runabout boat cruising along and
they hit a sand bar, surprisingly, except for the bumps and bruises of
the passengers, the boat was able to be shoved off and they left under
their own power. NO telling how much actual damage was done to the hull
and OB.

305 c.i.d. HP topic usafhg General 8 October 9th 06 07:57 PM
On-Topic!! Short Wave Sportfishing General 0 December 17th 04 04:20 PM
A little off-topic Neil Boat Building 2 July 26th 04 01:35 PM
A little off topic Neil Cruising 0 July 26th 04 07:18 AM
on topic looking for drycleaner General 2 November 12th 03 06:01 AM