Neil

Default A little off-topic

Ok, this is a bit off topic, but not quite as off-topic as "Lisa Simpson's
Breasts".
Unfortunately, my local Library has not been any help.
I'm looking for a article that was in Popular Science, or Popular
Mechanics, and it was published in the 70's or 80's. .
This article was about a Florida based company, that I believe was called
"Hoversport", and their hovercraft was called "Stingray".
Unfortunately, the original owner of the company cant recall remember any
dates, or even specifically the exact magazine.
I am doing a history of the company, and really need this info badly.

Thanks
Kim

Stephen Baker

Neil says:

Unfortunately, the original owner of the company cant recall remember any
dates, or even specifically the exact magazine.

You might want ot simply get in touch with both magazines and ask. ;-)

www.popularmechanics.com
www.popularscience.com

I tried searching for "hovercraft stingray" but the archives obviously don't go
back that far .

Steve
Jonathan

If you go to a major library (university or large public) you will find
they have a computerized database called "The Index to Periodicals" or
something much like that. This is an outside service that the libraries
contract with, that has complete indexes for most every periodical you
can think of. The point about it being a service is that the University
of Miami is going to have the same info that Harvard (which I am
familiar with) does.

If you have a friend who is associated with the university, you can
frequently access the database from home with his ID number (again,
that's the experience I have had. Current students and faculty had
access, alumni had to go to the on campus computer)

My contact left the university, so my connection is long gone, or I
would check for you.

Good luck.

Jonathan

Slightly off topic Neil General 0 July 26th 04 07:17 AM
Flogging a Dead Horse (on topic) Gould 0738 General 3 July 23rd 04 11:18 AM
ATTENTION:::: ON TOPIC POST!!!!! FredO General 4 June 2nd 04 10:38 AM
on topic/off topic same ole General 2 December 10th 03 01:02 AM
The truth about the Off Topic Posts Gene Kearns General 46 November 17th 03 03:35 PM