Default Anything good on TV tonight?

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:24:38 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

snipped
===========================

The first time I put barackobama.com in the address bar I was redirected to:

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/.../splashsignup/

Subsequent barackobama.com entries went to barackobama.com.

I'm sure this is accomplished using cookies.

try putting this in the address bar:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

Then just scroll down to start reading promises. Of course there's no
mention of costs. But, if you're truly a messiah, miracles should be no
problem.
--
John *H*

On Aug 26, 8:16*pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

On Aug 26, 5:39 pm, HK wrote:

JimH wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:00 pm, hk wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
news:z4SdnaVtNfAZ0inVnZ2dnUVZ_tTinZ2d@comcast .com...
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
news:W5WdnY4DXMbZgCnVnZ2dnUVZ_uqdnZ2d@comca st.com...
wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:43:53 -0400, TJ
wrote:
hk wrote:
You're hopeless. What are the Republicans going to do to help
you
resolve your health issues?
Here's the answer:
Nothing.
But you concern yourself with your false little issues, fella.
That's what's important to you.
And how are the Democrats going to pay for helping me with my
health
issues, hmmm? I'm still waiting for an answer from you on that
one,
but I think I know what it is. They'll do it by picking my
pocket
through additional taxes, probably for more than my health
insurance
is costing me now.
Still looking for a little substance,
TJ
We are already paying for the best health care system in the
world.
We
just aren't getting what we are paying for. We don't need more
money,
we just need to spend it on a system that works. We can take
care of
everybody with excellent care for about what we are spending
right
now
on health care that helps just a portion of the population. We
have
fix the health care system itself. I believe that is the
Democrat's
ambition.
Now you've done it...you've let the cat out of the bag! Dammit!
From Obama's site:
Barack Obama's Plan
Quality, Affordable and Portable Coverage for All
* Obama's Plan to Cover Uninsured Americans: Obama will make
available a new national health plan to all Americans, including
the
self-employed and small businesses, to buy affordable health
coverage
that is similar to the plan available to members of Congress. The
Obama plan will have the following features:
Based on Medicare program? Lower overhead, as they pay 95% of the
claims and do not check for fraud? My fishing partner was an
investigator for the state AG, on MediCal fraud. When they found
fraud, it usually also included Medicare fraud. They turn info
over to
the Feds and Nada was done.
http://www.ncpa.org/~ncpa/health/pdh5.html
snerk
Yup, snerk on your program.
Please, Bilious, you obviously have no understanding of Barack's
proposals, and it shows every time you post your nonsense. You've
already
got stupid covered...no need to waste any more effort trying to prove
it.
Try reading Barack's proposals and then offer criticism that makes
sense
on the overall concepts, not something your fishing buddy told you
about.
Why don't you paraphrase his plans for us. Is plans so far are about
like
Kerry's I have a plan, plan. Tax the windfall profits of Exxon to give
everybody a $1000 check. Lets figure that is 3 years of Exxons profit.
The
governments now gets 3 times Exxons profit in taxes. They going to
increase
those also? Add an extra $30 billion in taxes, how much do you think
gas
will cost a gallon then? Stupid is your middle name.
Why don't you just go to barackobama.com and click on the appropriate
icon and read it for yourself.

I tried. I went to barackobama.com

First I was asked to register with my name, email address and zip
code.

Yep, one can easily get around that by giving false info..........as I
did.

So.........after doing so I was sent to a page asking for
contributions and asking me to watch a video (propaganda)............

Sorry...........not the way I do business. Be upfront about your
plans, proposed programs and facts about your campaign...........if
you cannot do that you are not my type of candidate.

Gee, that doesn't happen when I log on there. On the upper right of the
site is a box that sez SKIP DONATION, go right to website. Once there,
click on issues. Scroll down to health care.

No donations, no names, no video.

Sorry but it happened the first time I logged onto barackobama.com.
You must have already registered, which then takes you to his plea to
donate to him.

======================================

Maybe you didn't scroll down far enough where there is a *Skip Signup*
button.

What I got a kick out of was the following:

"Sign up now, and donate $15 or more to get the *official* Obama-Biden car
magnet."

Perhaps.........

But why does it then take you to a plea for donations page?

I know you understand my point...........or hope you do.
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 26, 7:20 pm, hk wrote:
D.Duck wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 5:39 pm, HK wrote:
JimH wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:00 pm, hk wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
wrote:
hk wrote:
[...]
From Obama's site:
[...]

I clicked on the McCain site and was offered an autographed photo of
Jesus Christ or a french fry that looked like Jesus, from the
Evangelical Subsupport Group of the Mindless Minions for more Bush.

Problem is, the photo looked like a white guy with blue eyes and blond
hair.

:)

Harry, if you trace to who actually owns that site it's actually
Charles Shumer.

?: ^ Q

"JimH" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 8:16 pm, "D.Duck" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

On Aug 26, 5:39 pm, HK wrote:

JimH wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:00 pm, hk wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
wrote:
hk wrote:
[...]
From Obama's site:
[...]

====================================

Surprised, no. Aggravating, yes. I sure would like to have one of those
*official* car magnets. 8)

These campaigns cost money.

DK wrote:
Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. wrote:

NY or Chicago style?

Chicago style is NOT pizza.

Do you really want to start that debate? I suppose you prefer Sabrett
over Vienna Beef, too?

no, there is only one hotdog, and it is Hebrew. They answer to a higher
authority.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Calif Bill wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

hk wrote:

[...]

From Obama's site:

[...]

I read it. Did you. Explain to me how we are going to get any savings.
$10 billion a year to put medical records on computer. Most doctors do this
now. and if it is a government program, where is privacy? Save on drug
costs by requiring pharma companies to give away free drugs. They do this
now, and then they just have to raise prices to cover the give aways.
Nothing, other than the ability to negotiate lower drug prices for Medicare
is going to save the US any money.

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:11:54 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

Dino's on West Higgins, not far from O'Hare. Forget the big stores like
Lou
Malnati's. Nothing as good as a "neighborhood" pizza. Thin crust, of
course.

The problem is things change.
I had my favorite neighborhood thin crust place, but since I haven't
had one from there for 5 years I can't recommend it..
Eduardo's usually has a good thin crust.
Then there's personal taste.
I'm a pizza "purist" in that I usually only wan't cheese and sausage
pizza, though I can tolerate pepperoni occasionally.
Thin crust and stuffed (Giordano's ain't bad) are totally different
meals.
But the bottom line to me on any pizza is crust, sauce, cheese.
Cheese is the easiest - a quality moz, and those are the same.
Crust, sausage and sauce are really personal preference.
Especially sauce. Some prefer tart, some sweeter.
The sauce makes the pizza more than anything.
I've had many arguments with my wife about combo pizzas, because I
don't want my pizza sullied with garbage like green peppers, onions or
mushrooms. Those mask the aromas of a good sauce.
She gave up and eats "my" kind of pizza now, otherwise we get a
separate pizza for her preferences. She doesn't care much for pizza
anyway. Just liked to argue about it.
Mushrooms wouldn't be too bad since the taste is mild, but most joints
will get too much of the juice the mushrooms are in on the pizza,
which pollutes the sauce.
A moderate amount of chopped and very well drained green olive is
about the only add-on I kinda like.
Crust is another personal preference, but most people agree on what's
"good."
There's a joint on the north side called Nancy's that uses corn flour
and the crust was real good. Got those for some years but moved on
when my taste changed for sauce, as Nancy's had a real tart sauce.
Then there's that yuppie BS pizza with pineapple and other weird
stuff. I can't count the times I was out with business people and
didn't eat the crap pizza they ordered. I felt like smacking them down
and kicking them a little, but that's not good for business.
Lucky for me I'm not big on lunch and could just watch them pig out on
that junk while I sipped coffee or a beer.
Another thing that puzzles me is people who have found a good pizza,
but try a different joint.
Big mistake!
You wait all week for a pizza and then take a chance to be
disappointed? Crazy!
Stay loyal to your chosen pizza joint!
Only change if they change!

--Vic

We have a great pizza joint in the area. Amichi's. http://www.amicis.com/
But probably the best pizza I ever had was in Rome near the Vatican. An
olive oil, no tomato base for the cheese. Fantastic crust. And most pizza
in Italy is ordinary at best.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 23:01:26 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

We went to a little Italian pizzeria while in Como, Italy. The pizza
sucked.

Ledo's pizza is the best. There's no two ways about it. So, y'all can quit
arguing.
--
John *H*

"JimH" wrote in message

Sorry...........not the way I do business. Be upfront about your
plans, proposed programs and facts about your campaign...........if
you cannot do that you are not my type of candidate.

Gee, that doesn't happen when I log on there. On the upper right of the
site is a box that sez SKIP DONATION, go right to website. Once there,
click on issues. Scroll down to health care.

No donations, no names, no video.

Sorry but it happened the first time I logged onto barackobama.com.
You must have already registered, which then takes you to his plea to
donate to him.

I just tried it. The "skip donation, go directly to website" button was
there, but on the lower right.
Clicked it and it bypassed all the zip code, donation requests.

Eisboch