Default PLan B, or is it C, I forget

Well, after lots of measuring, I could make it work but my gut tells
me not to. I could modify my Tolman to have a deck and big scuppers
but the deck would be too high. It isnt worth it. This is why Kevin
Beddoe's "Madelisa" doesnt have scuppers, his deck may be a little
below waterline.

So, its the sailboat to the Bahamas. This means I need a tender that
can go into shallow water away from the 28' mothership with 4' draft.
I have a homebuilt 2-Paw-9 nesting dinghy currently equipped for
rowing. It breaks into two nesting pieces that fit on my foredeck.
It has been modified with pull clamps and tab and slot hold together
mechanism instead of the PITA bolts through the half ends. For this,
I will need to install floatation too. 3 hp motor or not, I dunno,
thoughts?

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:35:58 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

So, its the sailboat to the Bahamas.

Good call.

I can hook you up with a free dock just off the Caloosahatchie
River/Okeechobee Waterway if you need one.

wrote:

So, its the sailboat to the Bahamas.

Good call.

I can hook you up with a free dock just off the Caloosahatchie
River/Okeechobee Waterway if you need one.

Wayne

My original original plan had been to sail down to Okechobee and dock
her for a month befoire Christmas and then go to Bahamas after
Chrismas. However, looking on the net I could find no dockage on that
waterway. If you know of a dock or marina with a vacant slip, it
would solve my problem. The kids would like to go thru the waterway
with its locks. OH, any water in th lake? I need 4'.

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 05:46:31 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

My original original plan had been to sail down to Okechobee and dock
her for a month befoire Christmas and then go to Bahamas after
Chrismas. However, looking on the net I could find no dockage on that
waterway. If you know of a dock or marina with a vacant slip, it
would solve my problem. The kids would like to go thru the waterway
with its locks. OH, any water in th lake? I need 4'.

As of this morning the waterway minimum depth is 5.74 ft:

http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/h2o/reports/r-nav.txt

The locks at Port Mayaca and Port St Lucie are currently closed for
maintenance until the end of August:

http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/conops...tn20080516.pdf

http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/sfoo/index.html

There are quite a few marinas and docks along the way, some free or
very reasonable. I have neighbors with empty docks but a month is
stretching their hospitality a bit. A couple of nights would be no
problem however.

I'd suggest that you get a copy of the Southern Waterway Guide:

http://www.waterwayguide.com/

They do a pretty good job of keeping it up to date.

Lest we forget.... JoeSpareBedroom General 9 February 24th 07 05:17 PM
Don't forget... Tuuk General 37 January 1st 05 05:15 AM
( OT) Least we forget Jim General 0 September 23rd 04 11:05 PM
Don't forget... BOB ASA 3 September 12th 04 08:33 PM