Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default PLan B, or is it C, I forget

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 05:46:31 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

My original original plan had been to sail down to Okechobee and dock
her for a month befoire Christmas and then go to Bahamas after
Chrismas. However, looking on the net I could find no dockage on that
waterway. If you know of a dock or marina with a vacant slip, it
would solve my problem. The kids would like to go thru the waterway
with its locks. OH, any water in th lake? I need 4'.

As of this morning the waterway minimum depth is 5.74 ft:

http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/h2o/reports/r-nav.txt

The locks at Port Mayaca and Port St Lucie are currently closed for
maintenance until the end of August:

http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/conops...tn20080516.pdf

http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/sfoo/index.html

There are quite a few marinas and docks along the way, some free or
very reasonable. I have neighbors with empty docks but a month is
stretching their hospitality a bit. A couple of nights would be no
problem however.

I'd suggest that you get a copy of the Southern Waterway Guide:

http://www.waterwayguide.com/

They do a pretty good job of keeping it up to date.